Honored Contributor

I'm hoping at @SilleeMee will jump on this thread and talk about the proven data regarding the benefits of Retin A (tretinoin) - a topical cream for your face.

As far as other beauty products for the face, not everything works for everyone, but to state that all beauty products for the face are a waste of $$$ is not true.

Honored Contributor

I would trust Dr. Denese's products more if they didn't have the words "firming" and "wrinkle smoother" in so many of the products.  Products can't firm or smooth wrinkles.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm hoping at @SilleeMee will jump on this thread and talk about the proven data regarding the benefits of Retin A (tretinoin) - a topical cream for your face.

As far as other beauty products for the face, not everything works for everyone, but to state that all beauty products for the face are a waste of $$$ is not true.

I'm jumpin' inWoman Very Happy @San Antonio Gal

Yes, it's absolutely true that tretinoin works to reduce the signs of aging...wrinkles, loss of firmness and hyperpigmentation...all in one product. Tretinoin is the only Rx-FDA approved  product that can make such claims regarding antiaging and is classified as a drug.  Science backs up the results. Everything else can only be stated to make you "appear" younger and that is something the FDA keeps tight about. 

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductsIngredients/Products/ucm388826.htm

Esteemed Contributor

So... does the current TSV include that ingredient or not? Personally I like hydroshield a lot. I've tried other things and it just makes my skin feel better than other products such as argan oil, etc.

Respected Contributor

I think most of us posting in this forum are old enough to know the difference in results made with facial procedures and topical creams.  Personally, I think it's super important to moisturize with what works best for you.  If you choose to take it up a notch with procedures, that's even better.  All the procedures available will not give your skin that smooth appearance.  Dr Denese looks very good, but it's my choice to not do the procedures she's done.  I have used her line for years and really like it. 

Honored Contributor

I use her firming facial pads and her neck cream, I like it, I'm 68 and not expecting a miracle. I think it's fine that Dr. D had a face lift and or other work done, she does look years younger, but you can still tell she's an older lady that's had work done. IMO it's important to use quality skin care that works for you, just to keep your skin healthy looking.Lines, wrinkles, and sagging come naturally with aging. I have yet to see a person over 65  without lines, wrinkles and some sagging skin.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

She addressed this a few years ago on the air, she said everything she had done would never have been helped by a cream or potion of any kind. she is very open and upfront about it. She is 65.

Thank you for stating this!

I remember her addressing the work she had done and I thought it was extremely open of her to disclose what she had done!

I think she is a lovely person and in today's world--I just assume that people HAVE had work done as even people who seem of quite modest means that I know have including my male neighbor!

Super Contributor

I think Dr. Denese looks gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

Dr. Denese is very pretty.  I think she had to disclose that she had work done.  It was very obvious as I recall.  It was such a surprise to see her the first time she was on QVC after she had the surgery.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor
Yes, She disclosed it after everyone was commenting on Facebook etc. but from what I recall, she only admitted to eye surgery. yes, good products Will improve the quality of your skin, but all the promises Of lifting and a erasing wrinkles are a bunch of hogwash