New Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

There are only 2 vendors who I shop QVC for... I had been a steady customer for over 30 years..... Sorry but I am sick of the slang....you go girl.... and the butt shaking among a bunch of other unprofessional and personal talk going on! Just sell the merchandise! Next , shipping is a nightmare. I just received several emails today with different delivery dates on the same item, UPS to USPS is also horrid.  

Many hosts are more interested  in themselves and their nail jobs than selling the merch. I refuse to use my qcard and resort to Paypal no matter the deals you offer on a qcard. Too bad because QVC used to be one of top shopping channels....no more...you have reached the bottom and lost many good customers and vendors. 

Super Contributor

Prices too high with shipping.

Taking too long for delivery.

New hosts not professional...haven't been in a while.

Models no longer look like models.

Etc...

Super Contributor

I haven't watched QVC in over 3 months, and am extremely proud of it lol!

I was a huge supporter / customer of QVC probably for at least 27 years, and finally, intelligently, broke the habit. I know the hubby is happy LOL! 😂 

I could literally list SOOO many reasons, none of which are the typical ones you are seeing here on this post, but definitely agree the prices are way too high, and the return policy basically stinks. 

Their very thinly veiled supporting of certain political issues / platforms as a sales tool and a way of kicking popular vendors to the curb may be "their right", but actually it truly is risky and not the smartest in the world of sales, you never know who you are going to offend. 

I worked at various levels in sales for over 20 years, so I know. I'm just happy to finally see all my Easy Pay payments ending this month, such a relief! 

I have slightly tuned in HaHa for maybe a total of 3 minutes, to watch one of my former favorite hosts, and actually wonder to myself, what did I see in that? Which was surprising- and an eye opener. For those that still enjoy, I at one time did and am glad for those that need something to watch, I know it used to be my constant backdrop. 

Really miss the incredibly old days of the Q .... 

Super Contributor

I hardly watch at all anymore. I will look at the program guide then go to the show online and check the products out. I feel you can get more information online in the description then when you watch live. I don't purchase nearly as much as I use to. 

Super Contributor

Absolutely. I watch D& Co on Tuesday morning and Kim gravel and that's it

Contributor

[ Edited ]

DooneyGal2 I agree with everything you said. I quit watching over a year ago when their views were no longer with what mine are. They went to far left for me. I look online every now and then but no longer buy anything.

Respected Contributor

I'm a jewelry lover and was originally attracted to their reasonable prices.  Now, with gold prices off the charts, I'm less inclined to watch.  

Regular Contributor

Close to nil now.  I'll tune in very briefly every now and then, but I quickly get irritated when I see the obnoxious antics of certain hosts.  I think I only purchased 2 items in 2023.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

too much repetition, presentations of the TSV are too long, no interesting new products, etc. I don't see the point of all the vendors and hosts - used to be the hosts who presented the products. Not sure why both are needed but it has to have increased the prices.

But more importantly, it's not the 1980s. You can find the same items at other retailers with better pricing. I cannot tell you how many times a host has said something is exclusive and the product is on amazon for less money.

The TSVs are terrible.

Super Contributor

@chiclet I watch less only because I'm trying to curb my spending being a "shop-a-holic" who has had problems in the past. I try to leave the shopping channels off as much as possible, but it is tempting since I am home most of the time except for Dr.'s appointments.