Contributor

Re: Do you watch less QVC than you used to and why?

Agree that many HSN host are more serious about product presentation. Allow vendors to present and don’t talk over them. QVC hosts dress like they are in their back yards way to often. Shawn K constantly talking over the vendors. Rick D yelling so loudly I do not watch his presentations. If it is a tab I wait for someone to present. He talks over every vendor
Contributor

If it is a TSV not tab
Contributor

Totally agree with you.  I used to love watching the Q but since they have become more of a personality showcase rather than a true shopping channel, I very rarely watch.  In fact, even if there is a product being presented that I am really interested in, I turn off the TV and check it out online in order to avoid certain hosts & their ridiculous banter.  It is clear that certain of the female hosts do not know anything about fashion, make-up. etc., except to say how "obsessed" they are with it. That's great but I would rather hear the facts and then move on to the next thing.  What really killed it for me though is the fake wine drinking and narcissistic personalities of two female hosts (they know who they are). Just cannot tolerate seeing or hearing them any longer so I don't. They could really use some training from the HSN and ShopHQ hosts.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   Well said and I agree.  My biggest gripe is that they are selling items that are not available.  We ALL know there are supply issue problems but QVC should be most aware of it and make it clear that it is uncertain when an item will be shipped.  I have not had the experience of ordering a product and then have it go on back order (mainly because I don't order much) but I think that is a deceptive practice.  

And I agree about selling items that have poor reviews.  Many LTS are 1 and 2 stars.  Even at reduced prices, I wouldn't buy.

And yes, Buyer Beware.  The hosts are not your friends.

Trusted Contributor

Stopped watching long ago.  Find certain hosts to be phony, childish antics, too much information on their private lives, etc.  Excessive information about everything except the product they are selling.  Plus, most of the stuff is just junky and prices are out of sight!

Frequent Contributor

I.now buy 

Trusted Contributor

I was channel surfing and landed on Amy & Alberti, this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen; Amy is trying to present products while she's holding a glass of wine in her other hand - how awkward. And she said it's WINE.

This is on QVC 3.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Never watch FNI, although there was a time I did, and somewhat enjoyed it, albeit too long. They desperately need new hosts. It's just stale. The giddiness, and overhyped hosts are unwatchable.
Contributor

and we don't need to hear some of the hosts say "I am in a extra extra small"

New Contributor

Oh for sure. qvc disappeared from my over the air antenna months ago no matter how many times I rescan its gone, now my only way to watch is from the app on my tv which Is a project , I enjoyed just turning on the tv and qvc was there.So Im buying less , which I guess is good for me.