Trusted Contributor

When LR was at the QVC she was called the unstoppable sell out queen. Shows would finish early at times when Lisa hosted because all product was sold out. She had so many freaking sellouts and was rewarded huge shows at the Q. A true sales phenom she was
Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

When LR was at the QVC she was called the unstoppable sell out queen. Shows would finish early at times when Lisa hosted because all product was sold out. She had so many freaking sellouts and was rewarded huge shows at the Q. A true sales phenom she was

Who called her that?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

In one aspect a host may influence whether or not I buy. 

For example if I become interested in a item about which I need more information I will often wait for a particular host to present the item because I've learned that host will ask the vendor questions or provide information that I particularly want to know while other hosts are more generic in their presentations.

The foregoing can apply to anything from electronics to plants to today's trash can TSV.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Who called her that?

@mom2four0418 Probably only the person who posted it, lol.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

It's actually interesting to think of all the different stats they track.  But a simple answer would be yes.  But that is simplistic.

There is one host I can't watch.  Everything about her bothers me, from her mannersisms to her voice (especially the voice).  If the items she is presenting are of interest I'll watch the show muted and only turn up the volume if I need more information or want to listen to the vendor.  I won't wait for an item to be presented by someone else if I want to purchase, I just purchase it when I see it.

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many factors that go into when a person buys something.  I might see something presented in the morning, think about it, and order it online when I get to my office.  When I order it, another host could be presenting it on air and get the "credit."  Or I could order it days later, when it has not been presented again since I first saw it.  Who gets the "credit" then?

Between time slots, selection of products presented, what else is on TV that could draw viewers away from QVC during that show, new economic news, etc., there is no fair way to rate a host based on sales during their show alone.

Personally, I think they keep the hosts that do and say what they are told to do, and who are "generally" liked, or who appeal to the age group they are aiming for.  Also, it could be that what the hosts make has something to do with it.  If a host makes $100,000 more per year that say a newbie, that could be a factor.  However, $100,000 is a drop in the bucket in their overall budget.

If any of you are interested, during the interview LR did with Antonella, LR got into some of the reasons why she left, about 40 minutes into the interview.  It was enlightening, and I am sure QVC did not appreciate those comments.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I would say yes.  If a person likes a particular host they are more apt to tune in when that host is on and make a purchase.

If you go to Facebook, the hosts have strong followings and it reflects in sales.

Trusted Contributor

@StopTalking Very good ? 

I've talked before about my elderly neighbor and that when her daughter cleaned out her house she could not believe all the unopened stacks & stacks of QVC boxes.  The neighbor only watched David's shows & followed his facebook feed during his kitchen shows & was absolutely sure that if she bought any and all items he sold that he would know & he would like her so she did.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do Hosts Impact Sales?

[ Edited ]

@StopTalking wrote:

Curious, QVC is a metric based company. They sell a lot of product and have the data based on which host is on air for that product. Do you think they break it down with   each QVC host? Does Carolyn sell more than Shawn and so on. obviously David is king....

@StopTalking 

From what I read, sales do impact each Host's salaries, bonuses, and contract renewals, but this information is not available to the public..............

There was even a lawsuit long ago where a host won a lawsuit against QVC because she said she always was given unfavorable time slots, therefore, her sales were impacted....(the judge said it did appear that the men always received the favored time slots---BTW there were more male hosts  employed at that time.....)

And see thats the dilemma---is it the preferred time slots that help bring in the sales or is it the host's popularity and/or selling skills?!?!?!?  For me, if a show has a host I find annoying I turn the channel and and therefore I dont buy anything either....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

They must have that data. From some posts I have read it seems to affect job security. Seems like the data for the two hosts shows would have to be generated by item. Whoever got better items could get better sales.  I am still bewildered by the firm grip some hosts have on prime time slots.

Jayne mentioned once that their day was not over when they got off the air. She said something about meetings after the show. I wonder how credit is given for online shopping during and after a show.

@On It 

There was information included in one of QVC's financial reports which stated they do have reports which breaks down sales on items sold for the products that were presented on-air and a separate report for those products purchased on-line and were not presented on air......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”