Regular Contributor

Curious, QVC is a metric based company. They sell a lot of product and have the data based on which host is on air for that product. Do you think they break it down with   each QVC host? Does Carolyn sell more than Shawn and so on. obviously David is king....

Valued Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

Curious, QVC is a metric based company. They sell a lot of product and have the data based on which host is on air for that product. Do you think they break it down with   each QVC host? Does Carolyn sell more than Shawn and so on. obviously David is king....

@StopTalking 

This info belongs to category " Company use only". People on this board don't have access to it  ( any opinion will be a speculation). If you really want to know send this question to appropriate QVC department and maybe they will share with you , just maybe.

Respected Contributor

They must have that data. From some posts I have read it seems to affect job security. Seems like the data for the two hosts shows would have to be generated by item. Whoever got better items could get better sales.  I am still bewildered by the firm grip some hosts have on prime time slots.

Jayne mentioned once that their day was not over when they got off the air. She said something about meetings after the show. I wonder how credit is given for online shopping during and after a show.

Respected Contributor

The answer to your message title is yes (as demonstrated by the thousands of posts on this subject) and you should ask QVC if you want to know accurate sales numbers as the posters here would be guessing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do Hosts Impact Sales?

[ Edited ]

I absolutely do not think they are as much of a factor as some contend they are.   Sales would continue seamlessly absent all hosts.  With an app and a website they serve no real purpose.

Trusted Contributor

absolutely yes!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Do Hosts Impact Sales?

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I absolutely do not think they are as much of a factor as some contend they are.   Sales would continue seamlessly absent all hosts.  With an app and a website they serve no real purpose.

I've thought about this and can see your point of view. I shop QVC online 90%+ of the time. While I will not support certain vendors with sales and I won't watch certain hosts, I still buy from QVC online and usually disregard live programming. So while the hosts may affect my viewing habits, they're not a factor in my purchasing decisions. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think no matter what company,  everything you do is monitored. Be it keystrokes, sales, phone calls etc. My last job every minute of every day was monitored. Every keystroke, every time you went to the bathroom, how many of X you did, how long you took to do X. It's a horrible way to spend your life and that's why I was happy when I got laid off. So I'm sure the mothership is monitoring everything all day, every day.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @Johnnyeager.  The hosts make absolutely no difference to me and I don't know who 80% of them are.  I am interested in the products being sold.  After all this is a "shopping network" isn't it????!!!!  I could do without them altogether and just have the vendors present their products.

Esteemed Contributor

To say “yes” is a simple answer.  To be fair, one would have to compare hosts with one another, selling the same product, viewed at the same time of day.

That would be very difficult to do.  Some products are more difficult to sell than others, product desirability can also fluctuate with seasonal wants, and certain days and certain times would also be a factor.

And, of course, how likeable a host is is important.  How much of a team player.  And, of course, most TV shows

would appreciate representation of different races and ethnicities in the population.

I personally could not believe some of the hosts that have been let go.  And some of the hosts that still remain.  I watch

rarely nowadays.