Valued Contributor

I used to enjoy watching QVC2 because it carried a lot of fashion which is my favorite category and I really preferred the hosts they featured such as Gabriella, Katie McGee, Stacey, Sharon Faetsch etc. Basically, they were the non screamers with a more low key approach which suited me.

Now the hosts are gone and all the programming is recorded. Last night I checked in and was happy to see Belle by Kim Gravel. Hey, for me that's a great improvement over food and gadgets. However, I quickly learned that just about every item I checked on was sold out in my size and most other sizes. How are they making money presenting items that are almost sold out? They are currently showing the same show this morning and showed it several times through the night and early am. I don't understand.

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup I would assume that whoever made the Q2, etc. decision at QVC is even more disappointed by its lack of success than you are.

At a different time in retail, the concept may have been successful, but long before the impact of the pandemic, people's shopping habits overall were changing.  Now they're changing so fast, I have few guesses at what normal will be within just a few years.

Esteemed Contributor

@nevergivesup  I totally agree with you!! That was one of the worst business decisions QVC ever made. They got rid of a handful of their bests hosts too. Whoever made the decision to ax Q2  should be axed.

Trusted Contributor

Sharon Faetsch has been gone for several years.  Katie McGee left on her on.  I do miss live programming on Q2 as I can always hope for more home decor or Ktchen shows.. unless any of us have seen the books we have no idea what is going on, we are all just speculating.

The fashion beauty and shoe shows are on constantly.  Not my cup of tea, I like home decor, kitchen gadgets, and jewelry shows.  I don't even mind the gardening shows (just not non stop plants) but different strokes for different folks.  Something comes on I don't like I either flip the channel or get off my butt and do something else.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Whoever made the decision to ax Q2  should be axed.

Well Douglas Briggs was QVC CEO at the time Q2 went off the air in 1996, but he's been retired for 14 years.

Respected Contributor

Now I will see my favorite vendors even less.  My favorites are Judith Ripka and Linea by Louis Dell Olio.  I think it was a bad decision to ax QVC2  also. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in QVC2

[ Edited ]

QVC2 has not been "axed", but its format has changed to ALL RERUNS although they still have a Q2 Big Deal item---It still can be found on cable systems and WATCH Q2 TV from the website....

I totally agree with the OP--WHY?!?!?!?....Watching a rerun doesnt make sense since size and colors could be sold out....and special pricing may no longer be available.....so thats futile....In addition I read where QVC has to pay the cable companies a percentage of their sales to have access to that channel.....Is this really worth it?!?!?!? WHY BOTHER QVC!!! It will be interesting to see if QVC even keeps it around as time goes on.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt I wonder if they are contractually obligated to these cable companies & it would cost them more to not broadcast - just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@Spurt I wonder if they are contractually obligated to these cable companies & it would cost them more to not broadcast - just a thought.

@colleena 

They apparently have a contract, but no specifics were provided so whenever the contract is up we will see what they decide to do....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Reruns are FAR cheaper than the cost of live shows. QVC has many millions of viewers who watch QVC at different times. Clearly they were not making money running live shows over rnight.