Trusted Contributor

Disappointed As I Did Not Receive the Item Ordered

[ Edited ]

Ordered a bright pink Susan Graver Jacket to wear over a floral print dress I'm planning to wear in a few weeks for a friend's 60th birthday party.

I received today a white Barefoot Dreams hooded sweater.

The bag had the label for the correct item, but the item in the bag was wrong.

That's one of the reasons why I still miss not being able to shop like I did in the good old days at the mall rather than shopping on line.  (Our mall only has about 3 open stores now - previously there had been about 75 stores).

Oh well, guess I'll shop my closet and see if something I already own will work; otherwise, I'll wear something different than what I had planned to wear.

Have you also had a similar experience like this with QVC?

Respected Contributor

Re: Disappointed As I Did Not Receive the Item Ordered

Yours is the second post I have seen today about this same problem and yes I recently had the same issue. I ordered a Lands End top burgundy size small but received a blue print size medium.  I returned it, wrote the problem on the return slip and contacted CS, received a full refund with no charge for returning the item. Not sure what's going on but it was the first time that problem has happened to me and I've been a  QVC customer over 15 yrs.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes, this has happened to me.  It has happened with clothing and makeup items.  The packaging/label was marked correctly on the outside, but the item on the inside was completely different (for clothing).  The makeup came with either the incorrect item from the brand or a different brand altogether.

There have been times when I would put in for an exchange and STILL receive the incorrect item.  Now when I get the wrong item, I just return it and I don't bother to try again.  It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop   Welcome to the club.  I've had it happen several times in the last 2months.  The worst part is when you try to get a replacement your item I sold out.  You wait and wait and wait for the order then it's wrong.

Respected Contributor

In 30+ years I have only had 3 instances when I received the wrong item or size. Years ago I purchased a skirt and top and I received the wrong size. I purchased a ring once and got an empty box. And was sent a box with only one earring instead of 2. In all three cases QVC took care of the problem promptly and efficiently.

I learned not to purchase clothes from QVC after having to pay to return Items that I didn't like. There are 2 malls near me and I hope they will not close. But like you said there are lots of empty store fronts. I much prefer shopping in the B&M stores where I don't have to pay to try clothes on an to see the fit.   

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have also had that experience in the last couple months I have received two incorrect items. The label was correct on the outside of the plastic bag, but that item inside was incorrect
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop  - The same thing happened to me last week.  I ordered an Idina Menzel top and I received  Idina Menzel pants instead.  The plastic bag had the correct label.  If the pants were the correct size, I would have kept it.  They were nice!

It's okay though.  As much as I order, I have been pleased with everything else. 

Trusted Contributor

I wonder why this is happening. After 33 yrs of qvc shopping without receiving an incorrect item I experienced this a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the Laurie Felt stiletto jeans and even though the label on the plastic bag was correct the item inside was a pair of Laurie Felt straight leg jeans that were huge. Of course, I couldn't reorder because they were sold out of my size.

Regular Contributor

I have been a customer for many years. Recently in the last four months I have received the wrong item twice. The last  item was not only wrong but badly mangled. I'm not sure who to blame UPS or USPS, either way the item was a diaster. Returned for full refund. Unfortunately the item I orderder is no longer in stock...Big Surprise. Another reason to limit shopping with the Q.

Frequent Contributor

Today I recieved an empty watch box. I didnt even get the wrong itme I go not no item shipped to me today.  It was gift and of course they have no more, although Customer Service did refund my money (as they are legally obligagted to do) all they did is say sorry.  When is QVC going to take responsiblity for all these screw ups most companies would do something to make it right to not to lose customers, but not QVC but they did lose another customer because this is happening too often, besides this i get the wrong item at least every 2 months