Respected Contributor

Different Price For Different Sizing?

I ordered the recent Denim & Co TSV -  Regular Chenille Fleece Tunic with Crossover Neckline. The iten number when it was the TSV was A371787 and the price was $35.90. It was available in both regular and petite sizes.

I love the top so much that I wanted to order another one. The item number is now A371644 for the regular size and the price is now $44.00. The item number for the petite size is A371646 and the price is $39.48.

I'm fairly certain that the TSV price was $35.90 for either the regular or the petite. 

Regardless of the TSV price, the item is now cheaper in the petite size. Is this something new? Is QVC charging less for petite sizes?

Respected Contributor

Re: Different Price For Different Sizing?

That’s very strange and I wonder if it is a mistake. I see other D & Co. items (one is as new as the TSV top) in petite and regular and they are both priced the same. 

Honored Contributor

@lmtI'd guess that @itsmagic is correct.   But it is a guess.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@lmtI'd guess that @itsmagic is correct.   But it is a guess.

Agreed, unless there really are just a literal few left, and they want to move them out (?)

Honored Contributor

If they can sell king linens for the same price as twin, they can sell this top for the same price in all sizes!!

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's like when they charge less for a particular color purse they're trying to move out?

Honored Contributor

I'd say it's an error.  

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

If they can sell king linens for the same price as twin, they can sell this top for the same price in all sizes!!

@Shelbelle  But they don’t always charge the same for all sizes in bedding. If someone purchases a pair of LOGO pants in XXS with a 26” waist, then someone purchases the same pair of pants in 3X which accommodates a 48 inch waste, that’s almost twice as much fabric necessary to make them.  

Respected Contributor

I wouldn’t be surprised if they start charging more for clothing in sizes 4 and 5x the way brick and mortar stores do.

Respected Contributor

@lmt I saw this pricing difference too; they could just be selling the petite for a lower price because the inventory is low. It was a one-time purchase order, and both item numbers show the same $44 as the QVC price.