Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did anyone notice the comment Bob Mackie made?????

@sparklestar  I think Bob does not hang out with people that dress like that.  He is a class act.   Can you imagine Mary Beth Rowe showing up in torn jeans to work with Nolan Miller????? I think not.  I think Nancy and him are perfect together.  She is a class act and so is Bob.  

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

He's famous for that.  A bit of a big head, he thinks he's the expert.  One day one of the hosts wore a short sleeve T-shirt under something (can't remember what the item was) and she had been on earlier in the day.  During a later show he commented that he would never pair a T-shirt with the item she had on.  I remember thinking that was not necessary of him.

If Bob Mackie is not a fashion expert, I don't know who is.  I'd say he's exceptionally humble and modest.  He's an older person with a sense of decorum, a trait unknown to the torn-jean set.  He also speaks his mind.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

Bob's opinions are based on about 50 years of experience with women & our clothes.  I can't believe that anyone still wants to wear that 20 year old "look".

Super Contributor

Bob Mackie hasn't been much of a name in the fashion world for at least 10 years. He better be glad QVC gives him a show

Valued Contributor

@leighagemini wrote:

Bob Mackie hasn't been much of a name in the fashion world for at least 10 years. He better be glad QVC gives him a show

Not sure how true that is. He's still in demand for costume design for artists like Pink.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't affect me one way or another.   I'm not about to wear torn jeans, but I have never been tempted to order Bob Mackie's styles either.  Among some segments of the buying public, torn and faded denim is a big deal.

I do own one of his scarves from years and years ago, but it's totally unlike any thing else I've ever seen him offer.

I like Mackie's personality, but a designer's personality isn't my reason for buying from a QVC vendor.   I have to like the product.

Trusted Contributor

OP you're absolutely right.  I was wrong to defend JG's styling that fabulous sequined jacket with those atrocious ripped jeans.  Bob Macke didn't approve, he wasn't amused and that's all that mattered.  I'd like to think it was just an innocent error in judgement on the host's part.

btw if I ever see that jacket again I'll get both silver and gold and dream of an occasion to wear it.  

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

Bob's opinions are based on about 50 years of experience with women & our clothes.  I can't believe that anyone still wants to wear that 20 year old "look".

Tell that to the stores who are selling & folks who are still wearing bell bottoms since the 60's. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I believe Bob is correct about the torn jean or legging style not being the right choice for his fashion line. I doubt LDO uses this style of pant in his presentations either. Torn jeans are a fashion trend that comes and goes, and styling them correctly is just as important as with any other trend. if it isn't done well, it just looks wrong.

He may just dislike the look in general, and I'm fine with hearing his opinion on fashion. There are things I dislike regardless of how popular they are (I dislike the high-low look because it usually draws unflattering attention to the crotch area as it rises in the front), but I am not an award winning fashion designer with a line of clothes for sale, so I doubt anyone other than those reading this would ever know or care about my opinion. He is recognised within his industry for his expertise, has a fashion opinion, and has the "stage" to make it public.