Contributor

Has Dennis Basso received a "memo"?  Looks like his next show is at 1am on the 21st. This is very much like what happened to Louis dell Olio 2 years ago.  Katrina Szich had him on her show numerous times in past.  He is one of the Great Gentlemen of QVC.

Respected Contributor

@32degrees "Has Dennis Basso received a "memo"?  Looks like his next show is at 1am on the 21st. This is very much like what happened to Louis dell Olio 2 years ago.  Katrina Szich had him on her show numerous times in past.  He is one of the Great Gentlemen of QVC."

Unless he is planning on designing a loungewear line I don't see that QVC has much use for him.

Esteemed Contributor

Bob Mackie is gone too....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso

[ Edited ]

For anyone interested, QVC has been pushing a documentary they made about Dennis called "Behind the Label Dennis Basso" on their streaming services.

It's narrated by Jane Treacy and is currently running on Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, etc.

I watched it yesterday.  Runs about 30 mins.

Frequent Contributor

I hope Katrina Szish was involved with this, since she was his main foil since she began at QVC.    But I'm sure Jane will make this about her somehow.

Respected Contributor

@FishandSnail wrote:

I hope Katrina Szish was involved with this, since she was his main foil since she began at QVC.    But I'm sure Jane will make this about her somehow.

And well deserved if so. Jane Rudolph Treacy hosted the premiere of Dennis Basso Boutique on Saturday, December 4, 1993 at 10am ET, and dozens of other hours since his debut. I don't see how the other host's three years in the late night is relevant.

Respected Contributor
The old guard better be on alert. Seems like the Q is pushing out representatives of lines they dont own a stake of. What they did to poor Bob Mackie was disrespectful. The man had a hip replacement and when he returned was relegated to infrequent appearances on QVC2. I suspect Dennis Basso will be the next domino. Very sad for those of us who were from the origilnal era of the 1990s. Own at least a dozen of Bassos throws and faux minks.
Respected Contributor

@Reever " I suspect Dennis Basso will be the next domino. Very sad for those of us who were from the origilnal era of the 1990s. Own at least a dozen of Bassos throws and faux minks."

If you have ever seen the show "Say Yes to the Dress" he also designs beautiful wedding dresses.

Respected Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@FishandSnail wrote:

And well deserved if so. Jane Rudolph Treacy hosted the premiere of Dennis Basso Boutique on Saturday, December 4, 1993 at 10am ET, and dozens of other hours since his debut. I don't see how the other host's three years in the late night is relevant.

So what if Jane hosted his debut show? Numerous other hosts had shows with him for years. Geesh

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
The old guard better be on alert. Seems like the Q is pushing out representatives of lines they dont own a stake of. What they did to poor Bob Mackie was disrespectful. The man had a hip replacement and when he returned was relegated to infrequent appearances on QVC2. I suspect Dennis Basso will be the next domino. Very sad for those of us who were from the origilnal era of the 1990s. Own at least a dozen of Bassos throws and faux minks.

" disrespectful?" Gee, this is not a tea party, it's a businees. Bob Mackie had been in business for decades, he's a big boy and understands business decisions. If its not selling, its going to go.