Contributor

I ordered the TSV on the 4th and it's not scheduled for delivery until the 16th.  Since when does it take 12 days for delivery?  Seems kinda nuts to me...

Honored Contributor

@Lisamartha Where have you been? This is very common here. Too bad you haven't been reading the many posts  on this very topic.

Honored Contributor

It's quite possibly not scheduled to arrive in the warehouse until shortly the EDD date.  The 16th is next week.  Happens quite frequently due to erratic shipping from Asia, to all retailers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Delivery Times!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's quite possibly not scheduled to arrive in the warehouse until shortly the EDD date.  The 16th is next week.  Happens quite frequently due to erratic shipping from Asia, to all retailers.

No, it doesn't happen to all retailers, I just ordered things from Chicos, and Dooney and Bourke. Both items arrived within a week.  

QVC is trying to save money so they don't have to inventory any goods, so they wait until they receive an order before anything is released from the vendors warehouse and brought to their distribution centers. That slows the whole process down and adds about a week to deliveries.

Not a problem if you don't need something within two weeks. I ordered boots for my DIL, three weeks later they were still in process with QVC, I gave up and ordered from somebody else, Macys, received them literally the same day that QVC's arrived four weeks later. 

p.s.  After three weeks of "in process" QVC customer service refused to let me cancel the order. 

Respected Contributor

It most certainly does happen with other retailers. I placed an order with Sephora on 2/03. Hasn't begun to ship with no estimated delivery. 

My Amazon Prime order took four days for delivery instead of the normal two.

My Costco order placed two weeks ago took 9 days. My Kohl's order placed the same day took 10 days. This is far longer than the usual for both of them. 

My QVC order from 2/06 arrived yesterday...in four days. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum I do online ordering for most everything. Yes, many companies have shipping delays. In fact, it depends on what you are ordering, not where you are ordering from. Some items are in stock, some are not. 

I ordered directly from the Laura Geller website. My first order arrived in 10 days. I placed a second order 3 weeks ago and it still has not shipped. In addition, I cannot cancel my order with them. And, once shipped there's a strong possibility the shippers (USPS, UPS, etc) will take longer than expected.

This is very common. My rule is if I need something immediately I need to buy it inside a store, not online.

Contributor

I ordered something on Monday the 8th and it was in my mailbox Friday the 10th. Unusually quick