Frequent Contributor

I'm looking for some help on returning a defective item.  CS said to use the return label and to mark the return form as defective.  I have two issues:  1.  will the return people read the form and then not charge me for the return shipping?   2.  the item is nail gel and it is leaking.  I'm concered about it getting on my return form and then they won't be able to read it.  CS asked me to wrap it up so it doesn't leak but who knows if that will really happen.  I can't get the package open without destroying the packaging.  One side of it is dried shut but it still smells like nail polish so I think it is still partially leaking.

Maybe I'll take pictures of all of it before I send it back so I have proof of what was there???

Honored Contributor

Re: Defective return

[ Edited ]

@ShopperL

You might want to ask the moderators to move your thread to the Customer Care sub-forum (don't start a new one, since they will delete duplicate threads and you'll lose replies to the deleted ones).

I saw that @Melvin-QVC replied to a post, so I'll add a notification for him.   

I hope you can get this resolved -- the QVC Social Team is extremely helpful, and I'm sure they'll do their best to investigate and help out.

eta:   You also can contact them via email at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Put your paper work in a plastic bag, if the gel leaks it won't ruin it. Just remember if your product leaks and damages any other packages or mail, you will be on the hook for that. QVC should never require liquids to be returned when the packaging is damaged.

Honored Contributor

@ShopperL You've get a better response if you post this on the Customer Care forum. You can do a cut and paste or click on Report Inappropriate and request that it be moved.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Put your paper work in a plastic bag, if the gel leaks it won't ruin it. Just remember if your product leaks and damages any other packages or mail, you will be on the hook for that. QVC should never require liquids to be returned when the packaging is damaged.

I’ve had some instances where my products leaked.  When I called Customer Service about returning, I was always told not to return a leaking product.

Esteemed Contributor

If you do really need to return the item, I'd recommend putting the package in a plastic bag—just use a grocery bag or gallon-size zip-top bag. But it may be worth another call to customer service to make sure they really want you to send back a clearly damaged item that cannot be resold. Good luck!

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@ShopperL wrote:

I'm looking for some help on returning a defective item.  CS said to use the return label and to mark the return form as defective.  I have two issues:  1.  will the return people read the form and then not charge me for the return shipping?   2.  the item is nail gel and it is leaking.  I'm concered about it getting on my return form and then they won't be able to read it.  CS asked me to wrap it up so it doesn't leak but who knows if that will really happen.  I can't get the package open without destroying the packaging.  One side of it is dried shut but it still smells like nail polish so I think it is still partially leaking.

Maybe I'll take pictures of all of it before I send it back so I have proof of what was there???

@ShopperL  I sent an email to your email address on file.  I'm sorry your item arrived that way.  Have a great day. 

Melvin, Customer Care

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your help Melvin.