Respected Contributor

Re: David's 30th celebration

[ Edited ]

I never minded JT and DV being together, but Jane is over the top too much sometimes. They do have a great friendship I guess.  

While I like her enthusiasm, I don't like when she says stuff on air, like she'll do more "honey this, honey that, because she knows it gets under some people's skin.  Grow up.  She's pointed fiingers at the camera man about talking about the daughters constantly, so she knows people are over that. Or reads here. (yes, viewers, I mean you!)  I didn't mind the honey thing until she mentioned she would do it even more being defiant.  Lost respect there.  You can think it, but don't have to say it to the camera.  Yes I heard that last year on a Jane show.  Most of the time it's time to change to another channel.  

Good for David.  Like they say, he could sell ice to an Eskimo.  He and Jill I believe had 25 years about the same time.  

Valued Contributor

In my opinion The Q is incapable of so-called celebration recognition "shows". I was particularly outraged at the terrible job they did to designer Bob Mackie some years ago ...let alone what happens to employees. I think they should say thanks quickly- and move along. Or just maybe create a 30 second video montage. Execute with grace and love.
Respected Contributor

@KG60  Yes, I'm sure this will be poofed but you didn't say anything that wasn't true ~ well, I have heard her call "Coco" thinking it was a pet name. Really don't watch her just can't... 

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids   Ditto

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@birdQ13 wrote:
In my opinion The Q is incapable of so-called celebration recognition "shows". I was particularly outraged at the terrible job they did to designer Bob Mackie some years ago ...let alone what happens to employees. I think they should say thanks quickly- and move along. Or just maybe create a 30 second video montage. Execute with grace and love.

I was just reading Bob Mackie's resume last night. 

Sorry, but he was/is too good for the Q. 

Respected Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@birdQ13 wrote:

I was just reading Bob Mackie's resume last night. 

Sorry, but he was/is too good for the Q. 

Oh I had forgotten about him and he is what brought me to the Q.  It's true ~ he was waayyy too good for them.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't recall them having big celebrations for the other hosts who have been there even longer....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KG60 wrote:

We watched last night and were underwhelmed. To give a company 30 years of sercice, deserved a bit more in my opinion. The products presented were the same old, same.old. David kept saying that he isn't going anywhere. And while I understand that he and JT are best friends, it felt like the tribute was to her. I have come to the conclusion that since she does not repeatedly call other hosts pet names, only David,  that this must be a mutual agreement between them just to get under the skin of those that complain about it. She works regularly with Courtney, but does not use a pet name for her, ad nauseum. Anyhow, her antics were all at David's expense as she took the focus off of him and made sure it was right where she wanted it. This will get poofed, I am fairly sure. May I say before it does, that to me, JT is a childlike individual who smiles into the camera and all the while, scrapes her nails across the blackboard. It is a sad thing to watch someone in that state.

@KG60   JT ruined the show.  I watched for about 5 min becauseI Love David.  The my honey is totally out of hand.   If I owned QVC she would have been let go a long time ago.

Trusted Contributor

It was sooo underwhelming😴
Super Contributor

I agree.  The show was underwhelming for sure.  There was so much publicity and hype about this two hour show that did not match the result.  The wardrobe for David and Jane did not coordinate at all.  She was dressed in formal attire while David appeared to be wearing dark jeans, casual plaid shirt and vest.  It looked like she was the honoree, not David. A 30 year mark is quite significant and you would have thought that the vibe would have been more celebratory.  I also thought the show was rather choppy.