Respected Contributor

Re: David Venable is disappearing!

@Trinity11wrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@Caaareful Shopperwrote:

David looks fantastic! More importantly, he says his health is so much better. I'm very happy for him.

With that said, he has become a bit tedious in the past few months. Even the vendors seem to gloss over when he talks about his low carbs during their presentations.

I used to be a frequent viewer of his twice/week Coffee Talk videos. But I stopped because they turned into Low Carb/Weight Loss Talk videos -- non stop.

I check in about every 3 weeks or so to see if he is back to interesting talk, but no. It's still 95% low carb/weight loss, 4% responding to posters who tell him their medical issues and deaths in the family, and 1% QVC-related programming talk. It's absolutely monotonous. But, it's his hour to do whatever he wants, so more power to him. I just don't tune in anymore.

I don't begrudge him a bit about still putting his weight loss at top of mind in his personal life. He continues to do a fabulous job with that journey. At last weigh-in, he said he has lost 73 pounds total.

im also tired of his non stop talk about weight and healthy choices. We all know what is healthy and what is not. His coffee talks have become very monotonous. I've tuned out also. No gossip whatsoever about QVC. Simply a weight loss advertisement and photos of David playing with silly faces with an app he uses. Insipid.

Yet you @Reever were frequently on the forums complaining about how obese he had become and you feared for his health. I would think you would be thrilled for his better health. Guess not.🙄

@Trinity11, I am glad he is on a path to wellness but he now can't go more than 3 minutes without mentioning something about diet and healthy choices. I enjoy David but do not want to be reminded of healthy eating nonstop while watching In the Kitchen. He seems like he is putting a fishing line out there looking for complements and praise.

Trusted Contributor

David V. is looking like when he first came to the Q!

I'm glad he is on this journey and hope he can maintain his progress.

dee

Regular Contributor

David is hardly disappearing!!! 

I am tired of hearing from him constantly that " I am on low carb low sugar."  We know he lost weight he looks ok but he was putting on alot of weight.  Like alot of people have through their life.   I have a feeling he was having health issues, he always mentions how often he goes to the doctor.   The show has become old and very repetitive.  QVC needs to change this up and prices are way too high.  I hardly watch the cooking shows anymore.  We all want to be healthy and we do what is right for us. David is doing nothing new, alot of us try to watch carbs and sugar. He just has a large platform to keep talking about it constantly. Enought already!!  

Esteemed Contributor

itvwas pretty obvious he was on. A very very unhealthy path. I'm sure his trips to the doctor might have shocked him into doing something about it for his health's sake.  I'm happy he's on a better path.   Not sure how long he'll be successful on a Keto diet if that is what in fact he's on.   I know far too many people who have gone the Keto route be successful for awhile,  then go right back to their old ways.  

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I'm

@RespectLifewrote:

@ellaphantwrote:

Losing weight is not a mystery. Throw out the junk. Smaller portions of healthy food. Walk.

I lost 20 lbs...weigh less than I did in college.

Excuses are the only thing stopping you.

Good heavens, it is NOT that simple for everyone,

Gosh, some people have MEDICAL reasons why they can't lose weight such as thyroid issues, low metabolism, certain medications etc.

Ease off!

Those you mentioned are a tiny minority. The vast majority of overweight

Obese Americans eat poorly and never exercise. That's just a fact.

Really @ellaphant 

And you can prove this fact????

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

@amyb, walnuts and other nuts are eaten on keto diets since they are a good source of fats and fiber. There is nothing special about them, other than they are usually on recommended lists if you are following a keto eating plan.

David has said many times that he is eating low-carb, low-sugar and that he is using a modified version of keto. I have been very successful in following the Dirty, Lazy Keto plan. It will be 2 years in February. I am not sure how David "modifies" his plan, but he has been talking lately about whole wheat pasta and whole wheat pizza crust and acts as though they are keto alternatives. They are NOT. Anything with wheat (whole or otherwise) is not considered low carb.

Sugar Busters diet allows certain amounts of whole grain alternatives.  NOT keto alternatives but alternatives to whites and processed.

Keto is not the only diet plan out there with success.

Honored Contributor

Does David still happy-dance for unhealthy foods?  Or is he just happy they're still enriching his bank account?

Contributor

yes he looks great....but yesterday with the close up I saw of him hs doesnt really look physically well hope hes ok.

Contributor

It is great that David has lost over 70+ pounds. He is becoming a poster child for carbs and sugar. There is one issue. David does kitchen and food shows. Has anyone noticed that he often does not sample the food in his shows? He will eat loads of Rasteli meat. He will call in his co host for the show and make them eat the other food offerings. Perhaps the programmers should remove pies, cakes, cookies, breads, candies from his shows. It is becoming so obvious that he is saying that he has tasted these items but does not do so on air. He only eats Rastelli meats on air.

Honored Contributor

@Makawao wrote:

It is great that David has lost over 70+ pounds. He is becoming a poster child for carbs and sugar. There is one issue. David does kitchen and food shows. Has anyone noticed that he often does not sample the food in his shows? He will eat loads of Rasteli meat. He will call in his co host for the show and make them eat the other food offerings. Perhaps the programmers should remove pies, cakes, cookies, breads, candies from his shows. It is becoming so obvious that he is saying that he has tasted these items but does not do so on air. He only eats Rastelli meats on air.

@Makawao I've seen him eat small bites or pieces of other things, not just meats.