Respected Contributor

Re: David Dangle stepping back

David isn't employed by Qurate and isn't being laid off by them.

He'll be plenty busy running the Joan Rivers business. 

Super Contributor

Did you know you can shop the collection on Amazon?

Honored Contributor

These days I don't think the line represents anything Joan would wear.  That being said, I always thought the couple of pieces I have were well made, but they do run huge.

Respected Contributor

I always tuned in to hear David’s analysis + fashion stories.
I don’t care for Bitsy. Even though David calls her a “rock star”, she really knows nothing about fashion. I Probably won’t watch.
Good luck to u David!
Frequent Contributor

I am sad to hear this. David was great. He really explained the thought process behind the designs and offered ways to wear the items. He was also not full of hi,self as so many are. As everyone has said...A CLASS ACT!!!!

Honored Contributor

I do prefer the JR styles over many of the other QVC designers.  

I just recently saw the female rep - and was impressed with her presentation.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think David leaving might be a signal of the ending of the line. 

Yes, they want to stick to the Joan brand; however, Joan would have moved along with the times. 

I don't think the line is doing well. I don't know if David didn't have the capability to build on the line or if his hands were tied by the owners. 

I don't think it's a big seller. And, I've watched Bitsy, once, and won't be watching anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I think David leaving might be a signal of the ending of the line. 

Yes, they want to stick to the Joan brand; however, Joan would have moved along with the times. 

I don't think the line is doing well. I don't know if David didn't have the capability to build on the line or if his hands were tied by the owners. 

I don't think it's a big seller. And, I've watched Bitsy, once, and won't be watching anymore. 

It appeared to me, the JR line, like Isaac and every other brand have been adhearing to the Q style of peplums tunics and joggers and their original uniqueness has been long gone. I dont think the JR line will be around much longer. Its not featured as much as it used to be.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

David will be missed - not as much as Carolyn and Dan, but a lot (Smiley Happy)  Bitsy has a cute name, like Muffy, but her commentary doesn't rise to David's level.

Honored Contributor

@jbinrwc .....

via facebook

David Dangle QVC

· 

Over 30 years ago Joan and I created the Classics Collection for QVC. I’ve always worn two hats: as designer/creative director of the collection and on-air guest. After much consideration, I’ve decided to step back from my on-air role and focus my energy on the design and creation of the products. My chic and stylish colleague, Bitsy Jennings will continue to do an amazing job - now as our primary on-air guest. She has been and will continue to be my muse and my “blank canvas” and work with me in the continuation of Joan’s vision. Bitsy’s a rock star on air and I’m blown away by how she styles my designs. I’m so looking forward to focusing on designing the collection for you and I know you’re going to love all the new things we have coming your way. (And I might get to spend a bit more time with my boy Gus, too!)
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein