Respected Contributor

I actually inderstanf your thought here.

And, dog lover’s, no need to take offense, none is intended,

I have only had cat’s. And, I much prefer a totally indoor one.

My husband has had hunting dog’s, and they were strictly outdoors.

Everyone differs with their feelings towards animals.

To some they’re pets, to others they’re family, to others they’re a best buddy.

What is important, no matter what, is that any pet 

is treated well, taken care of, and loved.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I think the term “germaphobe” is used differently by people.  Many people use it lightly as an expression that they like things clean, rather than having a clinical phobia.

Dan’s dogs compete regularly in trials and are kept in tip-top condition.  That includes frequent bathing and grooming.  So I’m sure they stay cleaner than the average pet.  

Also, Dan lives on a small working farm.  With farm animals and all that entails.  Granted, those animals are outside, but if you had a true phobia about germs, I doubt you’d want to live like that.

I doubt Dan uses the term literally.

Honored Contributor

@Teamdean67  Nothing wrong with your questioning this.  It has nothing to do with pets.  Howie Mandel is a germaphobe but his manifests itself in that he does not shake hands.  I am not a clean freak but a germaphobe to the extreme on some things like all dishes have to be completely rinsed of any food particle before I can wash them.  My SO likes ketchup, mustard, relish, pickles and onions and if he had this stuff on food in his dish I make sure it's rinsed completely and then soak it in a little bit of dish detergent before I run the water for dish washing.  That is considered being a germaphobe but nothing else bothers me.  A woman I used to work with would scrub her hands until they were red and would not touch door knobs or anyone with her bare hands but yet her shoes were often filthy and she would wear the same clothers a few days in a row and once said she does not wash clothing after only wearing them a few times. 

Respected Contributor

@Teamdean67 wrote:
Okay, I know this is going to be a very unpopular statement. Sorry for all you dog lovers out there oh, but this is just my opinion. I just don't understand how Dan can be a germaphobe, and have four dogs inside his house.

Was he selling a cleaning product when he said that he was one?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I have an indoor cat, and I know we usually think of cats as clean animals because they don't smell and they are always washing themselves.  If I've had contact with my furry fellow, though, I always wash my hands before I touch my face or prepare food because that guy has litterbox dust all over him........eek!  Cat Surprised

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

i didn't used to be a fan of his, but have come around.

he is a germaphobe because he uses this phrase to sell stuff

Contributor

WOW!! 

@Pook wrote:

@Teamdean67  Nothing wrong with your questioning this.  It has nothing to do with pets.  Howie Mandel is a germaphobe but his manifests itself in that he does not shake hands.  I am not a clean freak but a germaphobe to the extreme on some things like all dishes have to be completely rinsed of any food particle before I can wash them.  My SO likes ketchup, mustard, relish, pickles and onions and if he had this stuff on food in his dish I make sure it's rinsed completely and then soak it in a little bit of dish detergent before I run the water for dish washing.  That is considered being a germaphobe but nothing else bothers me.  A woman I used to work with would scrub her hands until they were red and would not touch door knobs or anyone with her bare hands but yet her shoes were often filthy and she would wear the same clothers a few days in a row and once said she does not wash clothing after only wearing them a few times. 

WOW!!

Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Teamdean67 wrote:
Okay, I know this is going to be a very unpopular statement. Sorry for all you dog lovers out there oh, but this is just my opinion. I just don't understand how Dan can be a germaphobe, and have four dogs inside his house.

Was he selling a cleaning product when he said that he was one?

Actually, he was selling Bed Bug killer. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
@Teamdean67 wrote:

He also cares for farm animals. Perhaps your application of Dan's germaphobia is broader and far more limiting than what Dan means when he applies the term to himself.               

💫                           

OCD doesn't automatically include germaphobia.

Plenty of people with some degree of OCD aren't perpetually cleaning house and washing hands. There are other aspects of OCD that may assert themselves without those two.

Esteemed Contributor
@Teamdean67. So you wrote your opinion just because?