Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I have heard...... down through the years.... that if your marriage was very happy you are more likely to marry again. If that's true, getting married again would be a real tribute to his wife. 

I've heard that too and I dont agree with it. 

If you were very happy, you may want to keep that and not take a chance on marrying someone that it turns out doesn't make you happy.

If you were not happy, you may want to marry again in an effort to find the happiness the eluded you the first time.

I don't think one thing has anything to do with the other.  If you were happy or not you may remarry or not.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

I have heard...... down through the years.... that if your marriage was very happy you are more likely to marry again. If that's true, getting married again would be a real tribute to his wife. 

I've heard that too and I dont agree with it. 

If you were very happy, you may want to keep that and not take a chance on marrying someone that it turns out doesn't make you happy.

If you were not happy, you may want to marry again in an effort to find the happiness the eluded you the first time.

I don't think one thing has anything to do with the other.  If you were happy or not you may remarry or not.

*************  You make some very good points. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @jubilant.  I am one who was blissfully happy.  Ten years+ later I have no desire to remarry.  I would feel naked without my ring on my left hand.  Not looking, so why change it?

I'm sure there are others.

Keepin' it real.
Contributor

I enjoy watching Dan's presentations.  He's so genuine, and I appreciate that he speaks in a moderate tone of voice.  I think that's what bothers me the most about some hosts is that they don't talk in a conversational tone, but raise their voices.  Lisa Robertson was great at speaking in a regular voice.  And many of the hosts are great.  But I especially like Dan and Stacey.