Valued Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

he's not wearing his wedding ring any more though.

@fingerlakesny,  what does that have to do with anything?  I have been widowed 2 years this month and although I still wear mine, I keep toying with the idea of removing them. It's a tough, tough decision and one that every widow or widower has to face. Not all will remove theirs but I'm sure it's something they all wrestle with. I struggle with this a lot and have tried to get other's views on it but it's a deeply personal choice for each person. It's not that I no longer love my husband but it's that, for me, I feel like I'm misrepresenting who I am NOW by wearing them. I feel at some point in the near future, I will remove them because it's one way of moving forward. It's a part of the healing process. We all do it differently so I never put anyone down for when or if they choose to remove their rings. Dan was clearly devoted to his wife and by removing his rings, he's not saying otherwise. He's just made a personal choice to move forward in his own way.

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

I find him boring and he always talks over the vendors.  Just my opinion.  

@K9buddy, I'm not a fan either. I find him grating. And unlike many here, I don't want a message of faith from a salesperson. And that is just my opinion. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

He might be dating or have a girlfriend. 

Valued Contributor

After three years, I decided to wear my rings on my right hand. I will always wear mine. My husband wore his every day till his end and I will do the same.

i believe everyone has their personal story.

Honored Contributor

He's a pleasant person the few times I have seen him. Using his faith to sell things...no interest. 

Honored Contributor

I learned something today I had not known. I have always just assumed that widows always wore their wedding ring forever, unless they desire to marry again. It's been illuminating to read the various comments re this - thank you for informing me.

As for Dan - he's pleasant and I am willing to watch him more than several others. I'm sure he's a very nice guy. But when either he or Mary Beth get too ooey-gooey cloying with The Love, I tune out. Rather than make me fond, it does the opposite. But clearly there are many who love that aspect, so it's all good.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@fingerlakesny wrote:

@fingerlakesny,  what does that have to do with anything?  I have been widowed 2 years this month and although I still wear mine, I keep toying with the idea of removing them. It's a tough, tough decision and one that every widow or widower has to face. Not all will remove theirs but I'm sure it's something they all wrestle with. I struggle with this a lot and have tried to get other's views on it but it's a deeply personal choice for each person. It's not that I no longer love my husband but it's that, for me, I feel like I'm misrepresenting who I am NOW by wearing them. I feel at some point in the near future, I will remove them because it's one way of moving forward. It's a part of the healing process. We all do it differently so I never put anyone down for when or if they choose to remove their rings. Dan was clearly devoted to his wife and by removing his rings, he's not saying otherwise. He's just made a personal choice to move forward in his own way.

I think people mention the ring thing because of the very public way he chose to grieve. IMO his wife is not dead that long for him to be moving on, but he may be the kind of guy who doesn't feel complete without a woman. If he's healed already good for him, he's no kid.

Frequent Contributor

I noticed that yesterday too.......

Frequent Contributor

I don't think its a good or bad thing that he doesnt wear a ring.   it must be very tough for anyone who loses a spouse to either remove it, keep it on, or move it to another hand.  I outgrew my wedding ring years ago.....but my mother in law still wears hers and her hubby passed away 32 years ago....  either way, I really like Dan and hope he is happy!

QVC Customer Care