Honored Contributor

Please update the words in your 'dictionary'.  There are so many words (words used every day) that come up misspelled!

I TRY to check before I click "post" that the words are spelled correctly.

There are so many words that come up underlined in red that (when I ask Alexa she says I'm right).  Ha!

You guys have me questioning every other word I type because I always thought I was an excellent spaller(sic)...Ha!

I just go ahead and thank you now for updating.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66At least you get the red warning so you can check.  I'm not sure if it's something I turned off myself, but I no longer get any spelling help on this site even though I still see it elsewhere.  Because I spell better than I type, I'd be happy to have a "second eye" checking my posts.

If anyone knows why I don't get a spelling red line, feel free to teach me.  Thanks ---Millie

Super Contributor

Re: DEAR QVC PROGRAMMERS

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

Please update the words in your 'dictionary'.  There are so many words (words used every day) that come up misspelled!

I TRY to check before I click "post" that the words are spelled correctly.

There are so many words that come up underlined in red that (when I ask Alexa she says I'm right).  Ha!

You guys have me questioning every other word I type because I always thought I was an excellent spaller(sic)...Ha!

I just go ahead and thank you now for updating.  

@Annabellethecat66

I remember reading the Q dropped their board spellchecker when they moved to the new boards a few years ago.

I think it's your computer or tablet or browser 'dictionary' checking spelling now.

Honored Contributor

Oh! sweet @millieshopsI understand your pain!  Ha!  Right now on my phone it keeps showing I have 1 message and I can't get the stupid notification off of it (I think that's how I deleted over 20,000 (yes, all those zeros are for real) emails by mistake (trying to pick and choose).  Ha!

You know my late husband was a systems analyst.  He owned a company that employed over 200 people (many were programmers).  We'd laugh and say they were a group unto themselves (not meant in a bad way...perhaps smart...different thinkers).

He (mainly my husband) wrote much of the programming for the FAA (the planes, etc).  Another time, another story.  Eventually, he sold the company and became an investor (loved fixing houses, reselling, etc).  He said his brain needed a rest.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is I understand a tiny bit about some of this...but come on!  INTERNET?

Honored Contributor

@charvale Well all I know is it's STILL up top (ABC) see it?

If they don't have it, they should remove it.  I think they still have it.

I was in a facetious (that word's in there) mood and tired of seeing words I KNOW is spelled correctly.  The same words that are part of our coulter should be in the spell check.

Honored Contributor

@charvaleThanks so much for your answer to Annabelle.  Now I remember that QVC change AND I understand why she's getting all the red and I'm not.Heart

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshopswrote:

@Annabellethecat66At least you get the red warning so you can check.  I'm not sure if it's something I turned off myself, but I no longer get any spelling help on this site even though I still see it elsewhere.  Because I spell better than I type, I'd be happy to have a "second eye" checking my posts.

If anyone knows why I don't get a spelling red line, feel free to teach me.  Thanks ---Millie

@millieshops

Maybe start a thread in Electronics and see if somebody knows. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@charvale Well all I know is it's STILL up top (ABC) see it?

If they don't have it, they should remove it.  I think they still have it.

I was in a facetious (that word's in there) mood and tired of seeing words I KNOW is spelled correctly.  The same words that are part of our coulter should be in the spell check.

I see it now! You're right!  (duh!!! I need more coffee lol!!! )  Smiley Happy

But the one that works while we type    is coming from our computer, tablet , browser, if I'm not mistaken.

The ABC at top of post doesn't seem to do anything while we're typing. We have to use it when we're finished typing and check the whole post. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I wouldnt trust ALEXA with spelling---watch this video with Dan Wheeler and Alexa with Spelling Quest....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-0-R1Lkg9Y

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt Look, Spurt, I've already been 'schooled' here by some (remain nameless) who have (as stated 'schooled') me on how I'm not using my Alexa correctly and basically was told I'm an idiot.

So, when I mentioned that, I didn't want to add that this thing barely knows the answer to most of my questions.  I often go on the computer to find out my answers....yes, selling also.

Oh!  Great!  Now I'll get another tutorial about how 'why don't people read the directions to Alexa....and so on and so on'.  Phew!  I'm in a mood and I can't even blame it on PMsing these days because I'm so freaking old!

Actually, I sit a way from the laptop and the medicine I take (at least 2 or 3 these days) says, "Can cause things to become blury...so actually, it really is...blury...that's why I pick and choose about medicines...