Honored Contributor

Re: Cutting back on ordering fashion

I agree with EVERYONE---I will go back to the brick/mortar stores to try clothes on and avoid the shipping/return fees. I have such a wierd shape now--double mastectomy with no recon, so I HAVE  to try on tops. I do wear prosthetics, rarely, but more often than not, I go flat chested. And am too old for the frou-frou things that are trending--not a fan of the multi layered look--love the LOGO NOGO, btw, and can't stand the shark bite or cold shoulder junk.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl I hope you are healthy now and doing well. A 44-year-old cousin just went through the double surgery but chose recon. Much respect and love to you ladies. I was fortunate enough to have needed only a partial removal. Surprisingly even this has affected my choices in tops. The radiation damage has made me uber sensitive to rough fabrics or seaming. Several of my tops have ended up in the donation category. I usually check the videos before buying because the closeups are a help in determining if a fabric or construction technique will be an issue for me. Another reason I still shop the Q.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have given up on QVC fashion:

1. Prices---Come on QVC quite comparing yourself to Boutiques and go out to Department Stores and other places that are offer fashion at realistic prices!!! 

2.  It seems ALL the designers are beginning to look alike and all blend in together with very little difference (Isaac, Bob Mackie, Louis are the excptions)..........

3.  The sizing is so INCONSISTENT even within the same brand.  I so disagree with another customer regarding D&C---I am same weight, same body type, and yet some of their clothes are too big on top, or too tight around the middle, or they may be too big or too small, the quality of the material has declined.  Yes its wonderful that QVC now offers free exchanges, but why should I have to go through the hastle---why can't D&C be CONSISTENT in their sizing instead!!! I realize certain styles may fit differently (i.e. tunics for example), but everyday t-shirts and tops shouldn't......If you re-order the same item in a differnt color later on the sizing should NOT be totally different!!!  D&C looks like all the other lines now---not happy with some of the new looks and tired of all the jackets and layering....some of us live in warmer climates

4.  Don't like the curved hems (accentuates the wrong part of my body!) , dont like high high low, hate cold shoulders, and "maternity clothes"---peplum styles---YUCCK!!!  Don't like Logo.  And for David Dangle can you please do something OTHER THAN boyfriend shirts!!!!   

5. Too many lines look like a retread of the 70's with all the polyester and spandex.  I don't mind a little polyester to help the garment keep their shape, but a lot of lines are like 90% polyester.......and seams down the middle----I expect to see John Travolta walking down the street with the Bee Gees singing in the background....Woman Frustrated

6.  It seems like QVC is designing exclusively for the Northeast---hate to break it to you but some of us live where its HOT and so we dont like to layer or wear jackets when the heat index is over 100. Sorry but air conitioning is not that cold, a crowded movie theater heats up if its full, and stores keep their thermostats at 80 and the 90 degree hot air comes in as customers come and go and the stores quickly warm up..........

I would like to see some nice updated classic styles and some more variety, with good quality and consistent sizing at a reasonable price!  Thats what it would take to get me back as a clothing customer. 

Thank you for letting me rant! And yes I DO shop locally or order online from Dept Stores with CONSISTENT sizing and great prices! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

This has been an interesting thread. I agree that sizing is inconsistent, even though I do continue to buy D&C basic tees. I have had to return items, same item #, same size, when a reorder was either way too big or too small. So I understand and have experienced the frustration. If I step back and critically look at my purchases, I tend to buy my basic tees from Q and most everything else from other sources. (Mainly because D&C tees run a bit longer than most department store lines, and I need that extra inch or two.) But at $30-$35 for a t-shirt, it's not a bargain. So I guess that is not a sterling endorsement for QVC fashion after all. Lol. I find the videos to be helpful and the sizing guide would be if the clothes met those guidelines.

And yes, the Joan Rivers line needs something other than boyfriend shirts and statement necklaces.

Honored Contributor

I had not even looked at QVC for clothing for a long time....was shocked to see how expensive even Denim& Co has become! I had several Susan Graver liquid knit tops when I was working....very wash and wear so I liked that....but now that I have recently retired, I have looked more to Denim & Co. since their line is more casual, but I can buy tops at Chico's when they have a sale for less than most of the QVC ones...$70 for a SG top? No way.