Super Contributor

I, for one do not like the customer calls, and seems like they have recently increased. Yesterday, (Sunday) seemed like too many in a number of different shows.  They do not influence me one way or another, and seems unneccesary.

On another note, the Dyson "infomercials" were excessive. 

Super Contributor

Re: Customer calls increased

Customer calls lead me to change the channel.

Every time - and I usually don't go back.

Contributor

I noticed it too. They're not very enlightening or entertaining, are they?

Respected Contributor

@charsha 

Helps fill up the time in those BOW RING infomercial presentations....or just the regular same ole same old presentations..

The host doesn't have to keep saying "This..........is.........Extraordinary!!!" every ten seconds....let the caller drone on about nonsense to fill up that time!!!

Honored Contributor

I dont mind them at all.  No skin of anyones nose if a few minutes on the phone makes someone feel better and puts a smile on their face.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@donovan wrote:

Customer calls lead me to change the channel.

Every time - and I usually don't go back.

I can't mute them fast enough! Interesting how QVC has now gone from 0 to 60 with these calls. And despite the hosts' happy and welcoming manner when taking these calls, I bet they aren't truly a fan of them either as they never know just what might come out of the mouths of these callers. 😲 

Regular Contributor

I find many of them cringe worthy.  Kim gravel, who I enjoy, often has a tear jerky moment with some poor caller.  I don't get it.  What is the point on a shopping channel?

Honored Contributor

I assume if the caller says how wondefulthe product is, it's supposed to influence us to make a purchase. Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not like the customer calls . Seems most are people who want to talk abt their illnesses  or ones that talk abt being big " Fans " of  various Hosts.

If the customer caller made suggestions on what fashions they would like to see or  if something could come in other colors or  tall, petite  size rather than just regular than the calls would be helpful to others .

Respected Contributor

I find them useful when a question is asked that the host and guest haven't addressed, usually with electronics and appliances.