Esteemed Contributor

This has happened over and over again to me.  I never use the Q return label since it is almost always cheaper for me to pay the return postage myself.  For a long time I did not even pay attention to the amount I was being credited so did not even know this was happening.  Some one here on these boards posted about being incorrectly,charged for using the Q return label when they had not so I started paying stricter attention by comparing the amount of the credit they stated in the E mail against the total amount on the invoice.  For three returns in a row they charged me for using their return label when I paid for my own postage.  I called CS and they credited me but,it has made me very leery of ordering from them and I have cut way, way back on my Q purchases and have virtually eliminated ordering things that there is a possibility I might have to return like clothes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crooks or Just Stupid

[ Edited ]

@cicicici wrote:

I cannot believe how many times this is happening to me:  Every return I make to QVC is done through Fed X.  Everytime I check my refund, I have the QVC return fee charged to my account and I have to call.  The only time I ever use the lable is when I have sent something to my daughter and she returns it.  Then customer service argues with me because the "warehous says the label was used".  No, no, no, no.   I have the receipt and a picture of the label Fed-ex put on it.  Too bad the customer must always defend and prove they are correct. 

I get it.  They got me on 2 returns, though for another reason.  It made me mad enough that I try to find what I want elsewhere.   Their refund policy is why their quarterly reports show shipping earnings have gone up while a lot of their sales have gone down.  Other online retailers offer free shipping (that's actually fast) and free returns with lower prices.  I'll do that before I order from Q.  

Honored Contributor

Regardless of whose 'fault' within the company it is... regardless of what the universal 'work ethic' should be... regardless of anything else... the company is responsible, and when a company fails to deliver good service or otherwise meet one's needs and expectations, personally, I move on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Its a bad computer program, with the default putting the money in THEIR pocket.  The scan should be able to read whether their label has been used or not, but they choose not to program it that way.  I just use the label, no way am I spending time checking on this stuff.  And I'm much more careful on ordering so I don't have as many returns.  My percentage has gone down, and I think that's what they are aiming for.