Occasional Contributor

I cannot believe how many times this is happening to me:  Every return I make to QVC is done through Fed X.  Everytime I check my refund, I have the QVC return fee charged to my account and I have to call.  The only time I ever use the lable is when I have sent something to my daughter and she returns it.  Then customer service argues with me because the "warehous says the label was used".  No, no, no, no.   I have the receipt and a picture of the label Fed-ex put on it.  Too bad the customer must always defend and prove they are correct. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry but workers today are lackadaisical and ignorant.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Sorry but workers today are lackadaisical and ignorant.

Not ALL workers.  That's a rude comment

Honored Contributor

@cicicici wrote:

I cannot believe how many times this is happening to me:  Every return I make to QVC is done through Fed X.  Everytime I check my refund, I have the QVC return fee charged to my account and I have to call.  The only time I ever use the lable is when I have sent something to my daughter and she returns it.  Then customer service argues with me because the "warehous says the label was used".  No, no, no, no.   I have the receipt and a picture of the label Fed-ex put on it.  Too bad the customer must always defend and prove they are correct. 

@cicicici . Just curious, do you see the postage cost as a separate fee or is it deducted from the refund?

Occasional Contributor

No description of the refund.  There is just a general note with regards to the amount of the refund.

Honored Contributor

I agree that some people don't really feel valued in their workplace and perform their jobs accordingly.They are not paid well,don't get retirement benefits,healthcare or even sick pay.Some companies seem to be fine with the status of non loyal ever changing employees who don't seem to stay long enough to become highly experienced.

Respected Contributor

No one should do a lousy job because of what they are getting paid or the benefits they get, you know that going in so it isn't an excuse. We were taught that you always do your best & be grateful for any opportunity that comes your way...if you learn good work habits in a beginning  job you build on that as you climb the ladder. We have taught our children that they are owed something for nothing instead of being taught that hard work brings meaning & purpose to your life. Sit on your behind, have children that you can't support, squander your opportunities & don't worry, someone else will take care of you & yours...that's a sad life. Are businesses as loyal to employees are they use to be? No. Are employees satisfied to stay with the same company as they once did? No. Things have changed but a good work ethic never should, excuses for doing a lousy job are not acceptable.

Respected Contributor

Too many workers just go through the motions and don't care.  

Honored Contributor

Our company gives excellent benefits and a good salary too, yet sadly some of the younger workers don't have a good work ethic .....  they want to play on their personal phones and get paid.  They do the absolute minimum and complain that they should be promoted...........I know there might be a few exceptions but those are the exception. 

But ya know what I dont care if you are working at McDonalds for minimum wage, or are a Manager at a big company---you should do the job to your upmost ability and be thankful for the job....there are a lot people looking for work out there that would love the opportunity and would give 100% effort too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I agree that some people don't really feel valued in their workplace and perform their jobs accordingly.They are not paid well,don't get retirement benefits,healthcare or even sick pay.Some companies seem to be fine with the status of non loyal ever changing employees who don't seem to stay long enough to become highly experienced.

None of the above are an excuse for doing a poor job.  A job is a job.