Contributor

I'm an occassional contributor, but I've noticed that if a contribution is seen as negative somebody will accuse the writer of griping and suggest they don't watch the programs.  Sometimes constructive criticism leads to positive change.  Apparently, if a submission is not "a ray of sunshine" the author is often chastised and lectured by another contributor.  I don't think forums were designed to be only for cheerleaders, new age positive thinkers, and moral monitors.  Let's disagree but not be disagreeable!

Honored Contributor

Personally, I'm really tired of whining self-pity

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@blacklablover wrote:

I'm an occassional contributor, but I've noticed that if a contribution is seen as negative somebody will accuse the writer of griping and suggest they don't watch the programs.  Sometimes constructive criticism leads to positive change.  Apparently, if a submission is not "a ray of sunshine" the author is often chastised and lectured by another contributor.  I don't think forums were designed to be only for cheerleaders, new age positive thinkers, and moral monitors.  Let's disagree but not be disagreeable!

I agree with you.  It is possible to have a different opinion without insulting other posters.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Personally, I'm really tired of whining self-pity

Agreed! And the endless criticism. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Constructive Comments

[ Edited ]

Uh Oh......

I agree....personal attacks are really not funny....and there's SO much material one can discuss without scorching a poster or host/vendor personally...

But I confess.....occasionally we DO see hilarious gripes from the fifth floor locked ward at Creedmoor*....and tthey can be funny ( and a little scary!!!)

*If you DON'T know what Creedmoor is, Google is your friend!!!!

*Fixed spelling.

Honored Contributor

Well-------what OP said would certainly be the ideal way to deal with stuff. But in this day and age, that is the exception to the rules anymore. I think now that people have the power of being able to remain anonymous, to write/say anything about anything and not take the consequences of those actions--this is the normal way of life.  The old saying--if you can't say anything nice, shut the he** up-- doesn't go far. So many think they have the right to be mean and nasty---I blame one main person for all that---Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@blacklablover   This place has become very toxic

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Well-------what OP said would certainly be the ideal way to deal with stuff. But in this day and age, that is the exception to the rules anymore. I think now that people have the power of being able to remain anonymous, to write/say anything about anything and not take the consequences of those actions--this is the normal way of life.  The old saying--if you can't say anything nice, shut the he** up-- doesn't go far. So many think they have the right to be mean and nasty---I blame one main person for all that---Woman Mad

Haha only one? Is it the one I'm thinking of? There are a couple of ppl here that love being rude and nasty

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Respected Contributor

Re: Constructive Comments

[ Edited ]

@wagirl 

I agree with you 100%...

WHcih is why I like THIS moderated forum...no endless politics, no personal attacks last long, and MOST posters post relevant, funny, happy or thoughfully....even those who do so on subjects I don't agree with.

In other words....NOT as hurtful and bombastic as MANY other forums.

I get poofed occasionally and don't lose my mind over it....

There's really sunshiny happy happy joy joy posts here each day from a few posters, there are terse two word posts that may say more in two words than in two pages, and there can even be acerbic, wry, ribald humor ..also not for everyone...but then again..what IS?

And it's also why I have Q on in the background...NO potitics, no horrible stories about the horrible things people do to each other,  and especially,  no stories about animals being abused or hurt....

Just a benign,banal,sometimes cornball, sometimes boorish shopping channel....!

Best viewed with the volume OFF!!!!

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother --amen, friend!! Was TRYING to be ----niceWoman Wink