Esteemed Contributor

I'm just curious ... I open the QVC website almost every morning and read it off and on for an hour or two.  I keep the Q website open on my laptop - when I go to my kitchen to get a 2nd cup of coffee, I have to log in again when I return to my desk.  So I do log in again, and then a few minutes later I need to go move the laundry from the washer to the dryer -- and when I come back to my desk, I need to log in again.  I take over 5 minutes to read a very long thread and when I click out of that thread to read another, I have to log in again.  Etc.

I assume that any inactivity on the Q website for over a couple of minutes causes it to automatically log posters out?  Does that happen to everyone reading here?   Is there a time limit of inactivity?  Can this be fixed?

Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but I'm starting to think that QVC has a sensor on my desk chair and knows every time I get up for over a minute.  I'm tired of having to log in over and over again in one session.  So I don't anymore.  One automatic log out and I'm done. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

A sensor on your chair ?

Respected Contributor

YeS. I'm very tired of constantly logging in. One of these days I just won't bother.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's only 9:00 am and I've already logged in 5 - 10 times.

It's another of the things with this website that comes and goes - it'll be good for some time, then out of nowhere it goes haywire.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I'm constantly logging in. It's very annoying. Sometimes I even have to login twice because the first time takes me right back to the login page!!

Honored Contributor

Same here, someone can mention an item here on the forums, I go to look at it using the item # and come right back, but I have to sign in again.

As mentioned by others, I just don't come here much anymore, it's easier to read and shop other sites.

QVC needs to put some fire under their so-called IT dept. to get this site fixed.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Happening to me for a long time.  It's maddening.  Sometimes, it's only a minute or two, but it's mostly on this forum.  

Honored Contributor

@tototwo I'm so tired of logging in over and over each day. I've made requests in the Suggestion Box asking that we be given an option about staying logged in longer or choosing to log out more. I think it's fallen on deaf ears. Maybe you might ask for less logins in the Duggestion Box. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It's a joke, @fthunt.

At least it's not just me - others are having this log-out problem too.   Good morning!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Constant Logging Out

[ Edited ]

Signing in is still an issue for me...takes at least 4 times...keeps going back to the sign in page. Annoying and sometimes just want to say heck with this. Yes, logging out constantly is a pain, too.

Old software? No I.T. team? Never knew the reason why this site has so many issues.