Valued Contributor

Does anyone think that there is much competition between all the vendors. I feel there is

including Hsn. I can drive myself absolutely crazy and then with all these channels forget  it.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Never noticed what I would consider "competition".

Honored Contributor

If you have a job or a business, there is always competition.

Honored Contributor

If there is, I've never seen any sign of it.  I've notice they are supportive of each other.

Respected Contributor

the only competition I notice on the regular, is with the female hosts....that's all I observe as competitive.

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

the only competition I notice on the regular, is with the female hosts....that's all I observe as competitive.

I haven't noticed that at all. ever. I'd say it seems like they're all friends and spend time together outside of work, too.

Respected Contributor

@Bella2022: I'm not sure what you mean by competition (?) Because, the very nature of any business, retailer (brick & mortar or online) TV shopping channels, etc. is to sell their product or service for financial gain. 

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022Absolutely no more than there would be between vendors who sell elsewhere. -

Just because there are quite a few shopping channels doesn't mean you have to watch them all!  

You'll probably shop less and shop better if you limit what you choose to watch.

Honored Contributor

Re: Competition??

[ Edited ]

@Bella2022 wrote:

Does anyone think that there is much competition between all the vendors. I feel there is

including Hsn. I can drive myself absolutely crazy and then with all these channels forget  it.Woman Frustrated

@Bella2022 

I think there is competition between vendors with similar items on the same channel..but not in the clothing category,  but other categories......

One time a flameless candle vendor made a snarky remark that you knew was directed towards another brand that had been on earlier......  I did not like that at all....just give the attributes and benefits of your product no need to get snarky about a competitor....

I think also in kitchen cookware there is competition between brands, each wants to do well in sales.....So to me its awkward to see Cook Essentials and then Geoffrey Zakarin, then All Clad LeCrueset etc etc....And there was an awkward moment on the Gourmet Holiday Food Shows with several vendors selling candy.....and a couple of vendors selling steaks....

Thats why BOTH the buyers and programmers need to be careful about their product lineup....And Im sure its awkward for the host to discuss the attributes of why one was better when earlier they just presented a similar product that had the same or similar attributes...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Bella2022Absolutely no more than there would be between vendors who sell elsewhere. -

Just because there are quite a few shopping channels doesn't mean you have to watch them all!  

You'll probably shop less and shop better if you limit what you choose to watch.

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Thank you for the advice.Woman Tongue