New Contributor

Why are clothes being shipped in boxes instead of a big paper bag like they used to? Now, it is hard to return, but maybe that is the idea!  I don't like it.

Honored Contributor

I recall clothes in plastic bags, but I don't recall clothes in paper bags.  I'm assuming it's because the boxes are recyclable.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually prefer the boxes.  Many times I order from Chico's and receive my orders in a box.  They arrive nicely packaged, undamaged, instead of a wrinkled disaster like the UPS truck ran over it!   I don't believe there is any difference in the return fees.  

Honored Contributor

They don't routinely ship clothes in boxes but I did get several items shipped together and they came in a box.  

Is there anything about which people won't complain?  What earthly difference does it make?  Just be glad you got it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

That is what I meant.  I can't put a box in my mailbox to be returned, so have to go to the post office, very inconvenient.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I recall clothes in plastic bags, but I don't recall clothes in paper bags.  I'm assuming it's because the boxes are recyclable.

I've shopped here for over 30 years and QVC has NEVER shipped orders in a "big paper bag".... OP just joined the forums today, to post a bogus comment?

SMH......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KCH662 wrote:

Why are clothes being shipped in boxes instead of a big paper bag like they used to? Now, it is hard to return, but maybe that is the idea!  I don't like it.

Are you talking of QVC using boxes for clothing????  I always have gotten plastic bags but never clothing nor have I gotten paper bags.  Why is it any harder to return a box than a bag?

Frequent Contributor

Just a suggestion for you,  when you have a box to return leave a note in your mailbox alerting your mail carrier of this and ask them to pick it up at a designated spot on your property.

Honored Contributor

@KCH662 wrote:

That is what I meant.  I can't put a box in my mailbox to be returned, so have to go to the post office, very inconvenient.  

@KCH662 You can schedule a pickup and they will come to the door.

Contributor

I like the boxes.  Much easier to send something back also.  I live in a condo and put a return in the mail room and mail person always takes.  I am sure your mail person would do the same.