Honored Contributor

Oh boy.  I used to love Christmas.  I still do but if I jump onto Christmas in June and don't get off the Christmas wagon until February (takes awhile to shake off the stress) I won't have free and clear months until March!!  So I decided to concentrate on the birth of Jesus, my own family, and deciding that whatever decorations I already have will be what I use.  There are just so many expectations of us though Christmas that I want to pare down everything I do regarding this holiday and purchase less, which is the opposite of what QVC wants of us.  In other words, it's the most wonderful time of the year but I want it to remain so.... - at least for me.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

"I am old enough to remember"....when CIJ was on July 25th, only!

Wish it still was one day only! Ditto for Hallmark & GAC.

Regular Contributor

I have only been a QVC shopper for 5 months, and so I was both looking foreward to and dreading CIJ, but I certainly watched a lot of it to see what type of things the Q offers for Christmas.

My husband is a sous chef and cooks constantly a home, so I would never need to order food items from the Q.

Nobody loves Christmas decor more than I do ( 6 full sized decorated trees in a 1,600 sq ft house!!! ) but so far I haven't seen anything that strikes my fancy.

I did order one thing...a Temptations Christmas themed teapot. I had been looking for one last year, but couldn't find a cute one. Every year I change out all the accessories in my kitchen for Christmas themed ones, so I was happy !

Yes, it's a bit early to think holiays, but I must say it was a nice change from endless rounds of pima cotton tees and clearance leisure wear...

Valued Contributor
At the beginning of CIJ a host announced that now they could eat and drink the items they showed.
Saturday Shawn and another host showed boxes oif candy. They both opened the show by eating. A piece of candy. They couldn't even talk because they were smacking so loudly. I'm sure the candy was delicious and I wanted to watch the segment but had to change the channel.
Trusted Contributor
I’m bored. I don’t watch. I have everything I want in storage. These Christmas in July’s (everywhere) are turning me off. Same old Valerie stuff. I miss my local store which had different beautiful items for all seasons. I forget the name. It’s a chain. They closed during Covid. I love summer and fall and will not do Christmas year round.
Trusted Contributor
Things like that don’t bother me. I like spontaneous types of presentations not rigid formats.
Trusted Contributor
@rms1954... Great answer !!! 😊
Trusted Contributor
I've been enjoying some of the CIJ shows. If l don't care for a show that's on l just turn the channel...but l do prefer watching just one host.