Esteemed Contributor

This subject comes up now and again, and with good reason. I ALWAYS, without exception return items on my own postage.(FedEx Return Saver) Last week I decided to check with CS to see if I had been charged return shipping on any recently returned items. Long story short, with just a couple of exceptions I was charged by QVC for return postage to the tune of over $37.00! Over a period of SIX FULL MONTHS!!

Worth the call and well over 30 minutes of my life. I find this to be a very dishonest practice by QVC!

I am presently up to date on returns. Did not purchase any Christmas gifts here.

Ladies, check your return credits, especially over the next 30 days with extended return period likely generating a higher than normal number of returns.

Honored Contributor

I would like to know the process QVC returns goes thru.....and how this mistake can be made.......I also check to make sure returns are handled correctly, but generally I use the their label because most of the time it not a lot less expensive for me to pay on my own.  My hope is to order less, shipping and returns are just to expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the Q is intentionally mischarging people—I just think they have a lack of attention to detail in many areas of the business. I always make sure I check my return totals, especially since about 75% of my returns this year have been due to defects.

Smiley Very Happy

I buy a lot of things from QVC and HSN. I work at the USPS. I am a clerk. When packages come in, have a window clerk SCAN your package when you bring it in. You get a receipt. Also, make three copies of your invoice 1) enclose original with item 2) for your records. Keep them by date, along with a copy of your receipt in a three-ring binder, or a file folder. Staple a copy of your bank statements to it. 3) keep one in case you lose yours Also, keep the sticker that they put on your box, it is a small label. I copy it when I copy my packing slips. I have found that when I use one label to return more than one thing, I have to follow up with CS. I have gotten three different answers from three different CS agents. When I ask to talk to a supervisor, they are not much help. Mail in your copies of your packing labels and explain that it was part of a return. If you just drop off your packages without a receipt, that package sits at the USPS or UPS until a clerk that works in the back (and we are short-staffed) has time to scan it in. Sometimes they sit for days, do you do not get a postmark. MAKE SURE TO HAND IT TO A CLERK WORKING THE WINDOW AND GET A RECEIPT. I have seen package sit for days. especially if it is near a holiday, or they are short-handed.  RECEIPT. RECEIPT. RECEIPT.  If you are mailing something back that does not have a return label, PP is almost the same price as Priority. Make sure to add extra insurance. Priority only ha $50 free insurance.  KEEP AN EYE on your account and KEEP AN EYE on your bank statements. QVC is great when it comes to returns, BUT, CS is not. I sent back an entire box of Xmas presents that I had to round up. (We kept a lot), using the most expensive label, as instructed by QVC CS and they only credited me with the item that had that label. I have to go on the hunt with receipts and bank statements for the other items.  At least it is better than EVINE, who has to have the item back in the warehouse inside of the 30th day. Basically,  you can only try the product for two week's time. HSN has now said that your product has to be half full. At No time does it say that on the website or on the show. They say, "30 return policy, love it or return it, what do you have to lose?" It has an UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE.  Being half full is a condition.  Thanks for listening to or reading my rant.  I can't stress enough, take the time to take it to a window clerk and get a receipt.  It is worth the wait.  I learned this information the hard way.

Honored Contributor

@mikr   Welcome to the forums!  ThankYou for your most interesting perspective on returns. Good information😊

Respected Contributor

I do not believe the people in the "returns department" read anything.  I have found that if something is defective I call cs and tell them to put it on record because notes on invoices are not read when the item is returned.  They make a lot of mistakes in that department. I usually use their return label, but if you return something that was part of a larger order, or you already make easy pay payments, sometimes they give me a full refund then charge my credit card $6.95 as a Return Charge.  Took me a while to figure that one out.  I kept seeing $6.95 charges on my credit card and had to trace it back.  

Super Contributor

I check my online bank statements regularly and have never had a problem being credited. Also, the return fee is printed on the shipping label.

Honored Contributor

@QVCJH wrote:

I check my online bank statements regularly and have never had a problem being credited. Also, the return fee is printed on the shipping label.

@QVCJH    That is true, but this thread is about being charged the return label fee (that is, having the fee deducted from your refund) when you paid for your own shipping and didn't use Q's return label.   That recently happened to me --- yet again.

Respected Contributor

Yup, me too!