Trusted Contributor
On 11/6/2014 QMaven said: I was shocked when Carolyn mentioned a few months ago that she is the oldest female host. To me, she looks a lot younger than some of the female hosts that are her junior. And it seems so effortless.
I thought Mary Beth was older - anyway, both look great
Honored Contributor

The dress was lovely on her. She should dress like that more often.

I might get slammed for this but as much as she loves D&C it is not the most flattering on her.

Surprised that she is the oldest woman host as she doesn't look it or act it, good for her.

Respected Contributor

I admit to not being the biggest Carolyn fan, but have to say that she did look nice last night. I wish she and the other hosts would dress that way more often. Very nice, polished and professional looking. I like her new hairstyle. It really suits her and she looked great in that dress.

Respected Contributor
On 11/6/2014 NYwoman said:

Carolyn was VERY hyper tonight, in all her shows. She was overly excited about every product and "surprised" at details that she has presented many times. She was singing and squealing often.

The dress was a good choice for her. She looked good in it as long as she did not turn sideways to the camera. I do not notice that she has lost any weight. She declared that she is a "size 14".

Carolyn usually wears thick scarves and layers of clothing as if the studio is always cold. Today, when the temperature dipped into the 40-50s, she wears a sleeveless dress. I couldn't figure that one out. The color blocking was good on her.

Don't you think it would be a bit odd of a host NOT to act excited over the product? They kind of have to in order to sell the item. I don't think it's in their best interest to act bored with it.

I also think Caroly looked very, very nice during the Vita-mix show.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/7/2014 MarthaStewardess said:

I admit to not being the biggest Carolyn fan, but have to say that she did look nice last night. I wish she and the other hosts would dress that way more often. Very nice, polished and professional looking. I like her new hairstyle. It really suits her and she looked great in that dress.

Like the HSN hosts !

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/6/2014 stevieb said:

I really like Carolyn and enjoy her as a host. Though they're very little alike at all, once Lisa departs, Carolyn will be one of the few remaining hosts I will continue to watch.

Hi stevie, I totally agree with you. I do enjoy Sandra Bennett and Sharon Faetsch on some shows, although a lot of people apparently don't. And I think Nancy Hornback is personable, and funny, and very much down to earth, more like Carolyn. Those I might watch from time to time, and I sometimes enjoy Mary Beth and Linda on Liz Claiborne. But where I used to make it a point to watch certain shows (not necessarily the hosts), I don't even do that any more. I don't know if it's more because I just don't need or want anything else right now, or that it no longer interests me. I watch now more because there's nothing else on that I particularly want to see or hear as "background noise".

ETA: And I did think Carolyn looked great!

Super Contributor

I love Carolyn's new haircut, looks great on her, and I love her hair color.