Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

But, I've been waiting since 9/6 for a Think/Royln bag to be shipped.  I can't cancel that unless the Q Social Team allows it.  Go figure.

@luvmybeetle That's the major reason I hardly ever buy  from QVC now.  They don't ship the product and keep your money.  I don't know any other retailer who does that. 

@Sooner.  I hope you're aware they don't charge your cc until your order ships, so, no, they don't take and keep your money.   I don't know any retailer period, that does that.  Get your facts straight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

But, I've been waiting since 9/6 for a Think/Royln bag to be shipped.  I can't cancel that unless the Q Social Team allows it.  Go figure.

@luvmybeetle.  The Social Team is covered by the same constraints as everyone else.  They also cannot willingly cancel orders.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@luvmybeetle That's the major reason I hardly ever buy  from QVC now.  They don't ship the product and keep your money.  I don't know any other retailer who does that. 

@Sooner.  I hope you're aware they don't charge your cc until your order ships, so, no, they don't take and keep your money.   I don't know any retailer period, that does that.  Get your facts straight.

@Kachina624 But you can go weeks with money tied up without knowing whether it will be charged or not.  You can be hung up thinking do you need to look elsewhere and get the item another retailer--then wind up having TWO of them?  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  I'm short too, always read garment measurements and have no problem with fit.  I especially like QVC's  lines of jeans which I've found to be excellent quality.

@Kachina624 We obviously are not built alike and not looking for the same thing in jeans.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

But you can go weeks with money tied up without knowing whether it will be charged or not.  You can be hung up thinking do you need to look elsewhere and get the item another retailer--then wind up having TWO of them?  

How is your money tied up for weeks, if the item hasn't been shipped and you haven't been charged?

If it's that big a problem and your finances are that tight, it's best to shop elsewhere in a B&M store or with a retailer who guarantees fast shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

has happened to me many times so now that I know it can be minutes I try to be absolutely sure I want the item before hitting ......place order .   I don't know why it's such a short amount of time to cancel when it can take days to actually ship .  I don't remember years ago that it worked that way.  Maybe it did but I didn't cancel items back then .

Honored Contributor

I don't know about Q but most retailers don't give any time to cancel. A few limit it to 30 minutes. 

I'm not sure why people expect retailers to allow cancellations after more than a few minutes. Everything is done through systems programming. It's not like someone put something on hold for you at a B&M store.  

I know what it's like to buy something and have to return it. I don't like it either. But it's called life.

Trusted Contributor

Customers of QVC need to stop shopping if there is a chance they may cancel their order, or I should say, wish to cancel.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Be sure you want an item 100% before you click the "Place Order" button. Do your research BEFORE you purchase. If you are unsure, then wait until you ARE sure. I shop several online retailers and none of them allow you to cancel or change your order after it's been placed. If you tend to change your mind after purchasing, maybe shop at your local stores. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Canceling item ordered

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Sooner 

How are they keeping your money?  You are not charged until it ships.

Your 2nd response didn't clarify really.

Are you talking about the temporary  'hold' of funds that is placed on a CC or debit card when you place an order?  This is to verify you have available funds to cover the purchase only.

As discussed so many times on these boards.....that is not a full charge to your account.  The vast majority of retailers do this including gas stations! 

If the order doesn't ship, the temporary hold drops off as per the rules of your banking/credit institution.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife They are "keeping" my money because the funds are tied up.  They can potentially be pulled from my account at any moment, therefore I am not free to spend money on something else.  They are a debit in that IF those funds are pulled, it is a debit on my bank account (or credit card) because at that point I owe the money.  

It is because I can't freely go to another retailer because this item might come in and be debited and shipped.  I can't move on, my money is a potential debit I have to account for in my bank total.