Valued Contributor

Re: Can Rick be any more frantic with cool and calm Valerie right now???

@Othereeeen wrote:

@layla2450 

You hit the nail on the head.!!!

The stuff they had on yesterday...that TSV glitter tree thing...look like a five minute stop in the discount bin at the dollar store the week before Christmas...an after thought gift.

SO HOKEY in the presentation too!!! All that nostalgia family "this is what it was like in the 1950s" when you were a kid ( you'd be 77 today if you were 10 years old in 1955)....certainly doesn't apply to today's young adult's memories so who BUYS that stuff?!?!?!?!

I can't watch Valerie ( So I don't). My blood sugar goes up 100 points with all the drippy saccharine delivery...

But it must sell. They move a lot of it!!

Candy cane striped pedestals and mercury glass chotchkees....I can only imagine combining them with that Mackenzie Childs overpriced checkered stuff for a real journey to the loony bin...add some swiriling glittery orbs and some blinking lights that change color every five seconds...could stimulate an epileptic fit in the brains of normal people.

Just my opinion of course!!!

...an epileptic fit in the brains of normal people. 😂😂😂😂

Trusted Contributor

I really can't picture that g litter thing or plastic glitter candle in Valerie's home. Why is she trying to sell that stuff ? She used to have some beautiful nice items, what is going on with her? 

Honored Contributor

I vaguely recall that, in the beginning of the show Rick mentioned that they had a lot to be presented.  I'm sure that's the reason for the rapid fire presentations.  Love Rick and Valerie together.  I think they're the best pairing!  

Super Contributor

Rick gets very excited about most everything. It seems to be his style. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have a hard time listening to him, even with Valerie.

Occasional Contributor

It isn't just with Valerie - I find Rick to be just too  much. He is just too hyper, and he interrupts a lot.  He was on with Harry Slatkin about a week ago and he kept reiterating that Harry was in Italy, over and over like he was making fun.  It looked to me like Harry was getting tired and annoyed, and so was I.  I avoid Rick's shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen Rick alot calmer with Valerie and they have fun....

My opinion is that I don't think the glitter tree was selling as well as they thought and neither were the picks.

By the way....one of the few times the camera went over to Valerie and she was able to get in more than a few words was becaue the tree with the black family decorating stopped blowing the glitter....

When they came back to Rick.....it was fixed or switched out....

No mention of it on the air...but I caught it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pantsonfire2, Well said!!  If I could give you a hundred hearts I would. 

Esteemed Contributor

Valerie made the statement that she loves working with Rick because it’s so much fun.

I don’t really watch VPH shows any longer. The items I see are nothing special. I loved her cake candles on the pedestal plates from years ago.

If you wanted to see Rick quiet, you should have watched him on Shawn Saves Christmas in his PJs & pedicure sandals lol. He was a duck out of water and obviously uncomfortable in that format.
Honored Contributor

I enjoy the pairing of Rick and Valerie and they both seem to enjoy working together too.....

My sister only occasionally watches QVC mostly the Christmas shows---but she called and said she just cant stand Rick....LOL!!!!

Now I had problem with SK and Rick as co-hosts---it was like SK enjoyed belittling him throughout the show, maybe she thought it was funny, but I didnt and after awhile I turned the channel....SMH

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Stray wrote:
Valerie made the statement that she loves working with Rick because it’s so much fun.

I don’t really watch VPH shows any longer. The items I see are nothing special. I loved her cake candles on the pedestal plates from years ago.

If you wanted to see Rick quiet, you should have watched him on Shawn Saves Christmas in his PJs & pedicure sandals lol. He was a duck out of water and obviously uncomfortable in that format.

I saw just a minute or so of that.  I didn't realize who it was at first, just wondered who the old guy in the knit hat, scarf and throw was in the background that looked very unhappy.  Then I realized it was Rick being quiet lol.