Trusted Contributor

Re: Can Rick be any more frantic with cool and calm Valerie right now???

I like Rick, and he needs to bring excitement to her products, they are really sad lately.

Honored Contributor

I love this pairing and always enjoy them.  They work well together.

Trusted Contributor

Rick is UMWATCHABLE. Too LOUD and FRANTIC. Valerie's items are REALLY GAUDY and CHEAP-LOOKING.  Her prices are RIDICULOUS for made in China JUNK.

Honored Contributor

There aren't many shows i enjoy or even watch.  I always look forward to Valerie's shows because I love to decorate and appreciate her creations and design tips.  Awhile ago when Rick first was a host for the Valerie show, I had doubts and didn't think it would work.  However, it did at first to my surprise.

Rick talked too darn fast, so fast he stuttered .  He also interrupted Valerie a few times which is always annoying when a host is rude.  Yes, Valerie had a long day as everyone who does a TSV experiences.  She may not have even minded Rick talking nonstop and on speed mode.  But as a customer it bothered me and I had to mute the TV several times during the show.  Opposites do not always attract and that doesn't excuse rudeness.  Rick's hosting was not a good time for me today. Maybe next time.

Super Contributor

I really like Rick & Valerie together, entertaining blend of personalities & fun to watch. The products remain the focus in their shows, sadly the products get lost in the banter with other duos.

Respected Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

@kurious ...  let's just be thankful for two hours in the evening without you know who and her sidekick !!  I'll take Rick over that ...

Anyone see Miss Sidekick with Sandra Bennett earlier?  She was like a different person - like a quiet little mouse.

Esteemed Contributor

I typically don't watch shows hosted by Rick because he's so loud and over the top. However, he and Valerie are usually a fun pairing and have great chemistry/balance, so I've enjoyed tuning in for their shows, especially during CIJ.

Tonight's show simply did not work. And we should've known from the beginning that it might be a little "off" as Valerie mentioned she could need Rick to calm her down from all the coffee she'd just had to keep herself perky, and Rick rightly stated, "If there's anyone who can't calm things down, it's me! I'll just ride it with you."

It wasn't terrible—I've definitely seen worse and more frantic shows from many of the hosts over the years—but it wasn't the pleasant, enjoyable finale one would expect from a Valerie Parr Hill show/day. Rick was way too excited to focus or be reined in or let Valerie describe things, and Valerie seemed a bit tired (to be expected after such a long day) despite the supposed coffee recharge and repeated herself a lot. Again, no huge problems, but definitely not what I thought I'd be watching, and definitely not what I'd hoped to see. Some pretty good deals to end the day, though...

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I typically don't watch shows hosted by Rick because he's so loud and over the top. However, he and Valerie are usually a fun pairing and have great chemistry/balance, so I've enjoyed tuning in for their shows, especially during CIJ.

Tonight's show simply did not work. And we should've known from the beginning that it might be a little "off" as Valerie mentioned she could need Rick to calm her down from all the coffee she'd just had to keep herself perky, and Rick rightly stated, "If there's anyone who can't calm things down, it's me! I'll just ride it with you."

It wasn't terrible—I've definitely seen worse and more frantic shows from many of the hosts over the years—but it wasn't the pleasant, enjoyable finale one would expect from a Valerie Parr Hill show/day. Rick was way too excited to focus or be reined in or let Valerie describe things, and Valerie seemed a bit tired (to be expected after such a long day) despite the supposed coffee recharge and repeated herself a lot. Again, no huge problems, but definitely not what I thought I'd be watching, and definitely not what I'd hoped to see. Some pretty good deals to end the day, though...

I totally agree!!

Honored Contributor

that guy is always ON---no matter what--like he is hooked up to an IV filled with caffeine----never watch him!!!

Respected Contributor

@layla2450 

You hit the nail on the head.!!!

The stuff they had on yesterday...that TSV glitter tree thing...look like a five minute stop in the discount bin at the dollar store the week before Christmas...an after thought gift.

SO HOKEY in the presentation too!!! All that nostalgia family "this is what it was like in the 1950s" when you were a kid ( you'd be 77 today if you were 10 years old in 1955)....certainly doesn't apply to today's young adult's memories so who BUYS that stuff?!?!?!?!

I can't watch Valerie ( So I don't). My blood sugar goes up 100 points with all the drippy saccharine delivery...

But it must sell. They move a lot of it!!

Candy cane striped pedestals and mercury glass chotchkees....I can only imagine combining them with that Mackenzie Childs overpriced checkered stuff for a real journey to the loony bin...add some swiriling glittery orbs and some blinking lights that change color every five seconds...could stimulate an epileptic fit in the brains of normal people.

Just my opinion of course!!!