Valued Contributor

I can fulfill an entire week of shopping for the $70.90 that cake costs.  I don't care if it can serve 24 skinny slices.  Even if I COULD spend that kind of money on a cake, I wouldn't.  And I do know, to each his own etc etc.  I don't want to get attacked, it just shocks me so much when I see these prices, so I'm just voicing my opinion (as I believe that's one of the purposes of this forum). 

I feel like QVC's prices go higher and higher.  Even the potsickers which used to be affordable, seems to have increased in price.  I suppose that's the nature of the business of food and shopping etc but it's becoming harder and harder for the average person.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@LilMadi Isn't it nice that you can come here and blow off steam about QVC's  merchandise and prices yet take full advantage of their hospitality by using their boards?  Yes, things are getting more expensive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

You're being preumptuous.  I'm not blowing off steam, I'm not angry nor was I here to take advantage of their board, I was here for a different reason which is my business.

I'm just doing what people do here every day; do you say this to everyone?  Congratulations on being the first person to attack me for my post though.

Have a wonderful day~~~~=O) 

Respected Contributor

walmart has cake mix for 88 cents

it's great to have options since we are all not the same

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

You're being preumptuous.  I'm not blowing off steam, I'm not angry nor was I here to take advantage of their board, I was here for a different reason which is my business.

Congratulations on being the first person to attack me for my post though.

Have a wonderful day~~~~=O) 

@LilMadi 

I agree with you about the cake.  Yes, we all have choices and food IS getting terribly expensive, but I completely understood your post about $70 being excessive for the cost of a cake.  

I took it as you were just giving your opinion Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

TheMemphisVete:  I agree...

Valued Contributor

tarsmom-thank you, I appreciate that very much~

Respected Contributor

To the OP:  I totally get what you're saying as I kinda did a double-take when seeing that $70 price for a cake.  I've been guilty of buying some of Q's pricey food though as I love the Mamie's pies. They are so tasty but small for the $$$.  I still buy them but feel guilty and ask myself why don't I just make them myself for much less $$?  Guess I'm lazy!

Honored Contributor
Buy your potstickers at Costco. I think my wedding cake years ago was about $75 and it was a four-tier, elaborate cake. There is a pie bakery here that sells small, average-tasting pies for $60 on up. They have cutesy names and are delivered in a fancy, colorful van, but the pie tastes like a frozen one from the grocery store. Guess it’s all about the marketing.
Honored Contributor

This board isn't just for pom pom wavers.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan