Contributor

Is it your opinion the only value of correct language usage is grading a paper for the teacher or the student's grade he received? I hope not. The point of studying our language in school is to learn how to correctly use it. 

Contributor

When I was teaching, I gently corrected them. To teach is an honor and privilege. The student who has a teacher try to help him is lucky. As the student goes through life, all correct grammar he has been taught will be rewarded by a good job where he is capable of managing good written and spoken English.To all my teachers who corrected me, I am forever indebted. It advanced me in my life and career. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Both or Either?

[ Edited ]

@AreYouSure wrote:

I don't see that your comment has baring on my observation. I was on the international stage for years. For me, if I am going to talk for a living over national tv, I would check what is correct in often used phrases. I value correct grammar and pronunciation as I do good hygenie. 

AreYouSure?    - baring? don’t you mean bearing    

hygenie?   meaning hygiene ?

The international stage must have been quite different then.

@AreYouSure 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

You're exactly right on correcing my spelling there. I am apalled I did that. I type too fast and have stopped proof reading and the auto correct sometimes really gets us all, but I probably made those mistakes. Where I am wrong, I admit it. No, the International Stage was sublime. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

My life is so peaceful. Not watching QVC can do that. After all I've read on the Forums I'm so happy I no longer watch. I enjoy reading the Posts.

Do a lot of shopping here. So happy for the internet.

Sage04, I totally agree with you. I feel sorry for some of the people who post on here; because it is apparent much of their day and evenings are spent watching QVC. How lonely they must be.  Please, I am not being sarcastic. I honestly feel sad for some of these folks.

Trusted Contributor

@AreYouSure wrote:

It's important for those of us whose friends, family, and shpere speak correctly. What one values defines them. 

You have made errors in your last three comments.  I assume by your previous comment we should not look up to you!   Thankfully, I was taught to judge people by what is in their heart, not how they speak, dress, color of their skin, etc. So I will let your errors pass.