Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie calls Jacque TRASH on air....

@libbyannE wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I remember years ago when Kathy Levine was the star of QVC she frequently  called one of the models "trash."  I think it was  the model  Kerin (Corinne).  Everyone seemed to think that was funny.

I did not tune into QVC until I took early retirement, so I have no idea who Kathy leVine was, but her name has come upon entering in awhile. Someone of that name tried to sell really tacky, faux vintage jewelry on QVC a few years ago. Terrible taste. T

if that was the same person, I was not impressed.

Same person.  She was a (the) top seller on QVC and considered the "Diva."  She was one of the first hosts and really could sell anything.  She was, of course, on long before Lisa R.

Valued Contributor

I usually don't watch Bob Mackie but was that morning. I heard it and think that even though joking there was a bit of reality to his remark. He is very classy and it was not a classy thing Jacque did. Oh did she have some surgery done to her face. She looks different that she did when she started. Not that I think surgery is a bad thing as one needs to look good on tv.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I remember years ago when Kathy Levine was the star of QVC she frequently  called one of the models "trash."  I think it was  the model  Kerin (Corinne).  Everyone seemed to think that was funny.

i remember that.....

i think it might have been model TRISH who kathy called "trash."......it was a joke between them. trish/trash

http://www.trishcleveland.com/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh good grief..... Can not believe people start threads about this.

Frequent Contributor

I saw this and it was no big deal.

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

OMG....LMAO!!!

Wow....I'm speechless.  I can't even imagine why he would say stuff like that!

Esteemed Contributor

Love Bob's sense of humor: it's sharp and it can bite. I've watched and enjoyed him for years but have never heard him call anybody anything classless like "trash." He should have told her she was acting like a donkey putting a pair of his pants over another pair. Much more suitable nouns for her than that.

Valued Contributor

LOL!

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Love Bob's sense of humor: it's sharp and it can bite. I've watched and enjoyed him for years but have never heard him call anybody anything classless like "trash." He should have told her she was acting like a donkey putting a pair of his pants over another pair. Much more suitable nouns for her than that.

The objectionable part of his response was his labeling her as a person rather than referring to her behavior.  Pulling off your britches on national tv may be " trash" y behavior but that young woman has value regardless of the wayward course of her momentary action.  Even if she " moves on" she'll be affected by the devaluation.  Don't you remember at the oddest times some distant character assassination ?

Regular Contributor

Jacque is so uncouth and tacky she embarrasses me and I just stopped watching her, especially with Bob Mackie..He is a classy man and he finds himself without words with her.. She needs guidance in her clothing and actions on air..I wonder about her