Frequent Contributor

Been to QVC Studios and QVC Store?

I am visiting Philly in March. I've always wanted to visit the QVC Studio. I will purchase tickets for a tour. What else should I know?  Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Been to QVC Studios and QVC Store?

Make sure you stop at the QVC Outlet Store on Route 30 in Frazier:  it is before you get to the Studio when driving from Philly.  The return policy is most generous with a receipt      ( one year).

If you stop, try the coffee and desserts at the Dixie Picnic Lunch which is a few minutes walk from the front doors.  If you want something decadent, try the Tres Leches Cake square !!!!!     ( I usually take my cooler because folks love their iced upside down cupcakes with unbelievable icings. )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Make sure you stop at the QVC Outlet Store on Route 30 in Frazier:  it is before you get to the Studio when driving from Philly.  The return policy is most generous with a receipt      ( one year).

If you stop, try the coffee and desserts at the Dixie Picnic Lunch which is a few minutes walk from the front doors.  If you want something decadent, try the Tres Leches Cake square !!!!!     ( I usually take my cooler because folks love their iced upside down cupcakes with unbelievable icings. )

Thanks for the tip regarding Dixie Picnic Lunch, will try it.

Respected Contributor

I wholeheartedly agree on both counts! It's been a few years since I took the studio tour, but it was alot of fun (my husband even got into it). If I remember correctly, the tour ended near the studio store, where the merchandise is offered at the regular QVC price. Whenever we're visiting family in the Philly suburbs, I make a point of stopping at the Frazer outlet. I've gotten some great buys on items that were being sold on-air as I was shopping in the outlet. They usually have a huge selection of handbags, with the more expensive ones in locked cases. As you can imagine, the jewelry's also locked in cases, with a numbering system used for assistance. I've heard that they have time limits to keep things moving, but haven't experienced that personally. Finally, they've only got 1 fitting room (more of a big closet with a mirror), so that can get backed up if it's crowded. The outlet staff are very friendly and the return policy's good.

We love Dixie Picnic - if you decide to try them, be sure to go hungry!

Honored Contributor

i was unimpressed with the studio tour, very pretty bldg, but you get to see very little. And I dont think it is right to charge Q customers for a tour, we went to the HSN tour, it was free, and we were taken right up to the cameras, at the Q you are taken very high up to an observation deck, I was very disappointed.

Valued Contributor

I think it is greedy for QVC to charge people for tours.

Many people come a long distance away ( incur expenses) just to do this. 

Trusted Contributor

We took the QVC Studio tour and we were impressed!

We had a good tour guide!  I think the reason for not letting us get closer to cameras, etc. is for security!!  We enjoyed our tour and did not mind purchasing tickets!  We would like to do it again!!Man HappyWoman Happy