Regular Contributor

I'm a bit confused as to where to find Beauty iQ....is it a different channel like QVC2 or is it only streamed online? 

Respected Contributor

I have Dish as a provider and it is on channel 73 on Dish. It is labeled BEAUT and has no reference to QVC in the label. 

Respected Contributor

I can only watch it via my home computer thru QVC's website.

But I am curious about one thing ....

why would Alberti be one of the main hosts--no offense, but for 'trying on makeup' and offering beauty hints, I would have chosen a woman for this new start-up venture for the Q.  (No judgment here, only asking).

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I can only watch it via my home computer thru QVC's website.

But I am curious about one thing ....

why would Alberti be one of the main hosts--no offense, but for 'trying on makeup' and offering beauty hints, I would have chosen a woman for this new start-up venture for the Q.  (No judgment here, only asking).

@seaBreeze, Alberti co-hosts with Elese (I know I've misspelled her name) and they're both personable and adept at dealing with hair, skin care and makeup vendors, models, etc, and feeding them interactive questions from the viewing audience.

Alberti is a very popular host with a built-in following who was offered the opportunity to co-host a new televised sales program.

He is able to draw an audience that might have to work a little bit to find their broadcast, and his employers have recognised and rewarded that. I would think this recognition is a huge promotion.

@LancerHawkFriar, when first trying to tap into Beauty I.Q. thru my handheld device, QVC offered an option to enter my zip code, then showed me if there were any cable, satellite, or other viewing options in my area that carried Beauty I.Q.

Sorry, can't recall if I was on QVC.com or the QVC app.

Respected Contributor

I am in Texas, & have Directv. I get BeautyIQ on channel 318. You're not missing anything. It's nothing more than a repeating infomercial (IMO). I LOVE Alberti & feel he is wasted on BIQ. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @TX-starlight,

There is a 4 hour block of LIVE interactive broadcast on Beauty I.Q. every night in prime time. (I have to watch on my phone) The other 20 hours are previously recorded.

But I've tuned in and enjoyed the live broadcasts where viewers can write in questions and comments via FB that are passed on by the host to the vendor or whoever. It's nice to have an issue clarified right away if someone says something confusing, or is NOT giving info you need to know.

Honored Contributor

I think Alberti is a very good host, but in my opinion he is not a good fit for the beauty shows. I think a weekly home decorating show with all new products each time might fit better. He has a pretty home, and loves decorating, 

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze  I'm fairly sure Alberti was a vendor for a beauty company before he became a host on QVC. If you watch any of his presentations, he's more knowledgeable than many of the female hosts. He has a very pleasing style of explaining a product & I really enjoy him.