Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

As i have said before,we are trying to watch expenses and BD prices are too much.

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you have to announce it.

and just because you CAN'T, doesn't mean you have to annouce that either!

Esteemed Contributor

I know, right?! I tried a Barefoot Dreams hat and scarf set last year. I was not at all impressed when I received it. There are other brands that are just as good, with a less steep price tag. Some people swear by them, and I'm not sure if it's because of the name, or they really like the brand. But there's no way I would ever, ever pay that much for that brand.

Respected Contributor
Everything isn’t for everyone. I love this line and don’t object to the prices.
Contributor

RespectLife, I didn't say I could or couldn't affored Barefoot Dreams, only that I think it's too expensive for me. Im just a dying old lady, who's shopped over 30 years with QVC, and have spent generously.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I prefer that someone expresses an opinion about an item or line's price here rather than in a  posted review of an item.  Either way I don't see the point, but I support being able to state an opinion.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

We all have a different price point at which we are willing to spend on different items. Obviously people buy Barefoot Dreams items since they have been offered for some time now. I just don't understand the need to announce when an item is too much for a person to spend. Spend what you like but why announce it? What's the point?

@Janey2  You expressed your thoughts and so did the OP.

Respected Contributor

I don't care what people spend. We all have different budgets.

However, I do demand quality with any purchase. If it's a costly item, I'm more demanding. I could be a billionaire and still feel the same. It's common sense. 

I've avoided purchasing due to observations of the items and the fitting on models. Truth told, certain body types look fantastic, others not so much. I would probably be the not so much and I'm average size.

But, the accolades are so great about the comfort level and how celebrities love the brand that I, too, have had intense feelings of FOMO. I, too, have come close.

I'm trying to separate the hype from the reality of how any item will work for me. Lounging, soft and cozy items can be found at less than a third of the cost of BD. But you can't brag about what you're wearing. No, you have to pay for that privilege. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

We all have a different price point at which we are willing to spend on different items. Obviously people buy Barefoot Dreams items since they have been offered for some time now. I just don't understand the need to announce when an item is too much for a person to spend. Spend what you like but why announce it? What's the point?

@Janey2    ITA. Everyone's tastes and budgets are different.

Respected Contributor

I think a person can say whether too high priced for their taste or not.  No big deal.  Didn't say you couldn't buy.

I've seen comments  on food buying on the Q too.  Hasn't stopped me on those items I like.    Some I happen to agree on as well.

People just like to argue no matter what you say.  

Honored Contributor

@Evansmimi wrote:

RespectLife, I didn't say I could or couldn't affored Barefoot Dreams, only that I think it's too expensive for me. Im just a dying old lady, who's shopped over 30 years with QVC, and have spent generously.

@Evansmimi 

Oh no, no...you misunderstood me.  I know you didn't say that...

Spookoleme posted  "Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you have to announce it."

I was responding to Her comment.

I have no problems with people saying THEY can't or won't spend on certain items, just like I have no problem w/ someone posting they are getting their 6th Prada bag !