Frequent Contributor

Hi, this is the first time I've posted here; I hope I have chosen the right place for this. I have a situation I need some advice on please and I am getting nowhere with customer service. Back in early December I ordered three clearance priced steel bangles that I wanted to wear together for a tricolor effect. The rose and gold tone were shipped within a week but the silver steel color kept showing as "in process" I contacted customer service and was always assured it would arrive in time for Christmas. But it never did, instead it was cancelled a few days before Christmas and I wasn't even notified. Customer service apologized and reinstated the order, the item was still showing as available on the website, it was not on waitlist, and showing as in stock. For the past several days I have been repeatedly assured it would be shipping "today" or "tomorrow" but now it is showing as on backorder. This is a clearance item, one they are not supposed to be restocking. I have never had this happen before and  I just don't know whether to keep waiting on it hoping I will indeed get it or to go ahead and return the two bracelets I already received.  The holiday returns period ends at the end of this month and I don't want to get stuck with two bracelets I am unlikely to wear since my sole reason in ordering these was to have a matching tricolor set.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Backorder Bracelet Dilemma

I would contact Customer Service by phone and fully explain the situation. Because this was completely beyond your control, they should be willing to extend the return period for you (placing a special note under your account) just in case you do not receive the promised silver color bangle before the holiday return period expires. I have purchased a couple of jewelry birthday gifts 2-3 months in advance of a birthday and they noted this special situation in my record so they could be returned/exchanged if needed beyong the usual 30 day period. It is definitely worth a try. Good luck!  

Frequent Contributor

I've had my frustrations with "backorder" lately too. I recently ordered a pair of Clark's boots. I wear a narrow shoe and was so happy to see the black was available in 8 narrow. It sat "in process" for about 3 days, then changed to backorder. Since they are a clearance item, I highly doubt they will get anymore in, though I may be wrong. The same boot is available as "as is" but not in my size in black. I was very disappointed as it is hard for me to find cute shoes, and especially boots, in a narrow width. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am "in process" with a VERY similar problem right now.

The day before yesterday, someone from the qvc social media department posted an email address to assist with these problems.

Could someone repost this address please?

In my situation, it appears that for various reasons, THREE shipments of the SAME item are now crawling at a snail's pace to my mailbox.

My first two items in this order were delivered within 2 days of shipment. The third item, now in triplicate, has been easing its way along for about 3 1/2 weeks.

I'm hoping that I can return the two duplicate shipments without fee.

Funniest thing is I really am pleased with the original 2 shipments, so I can't wait to get the third!

Esteemed Contributor

I had a similiar situation happen to me. Once my item went to "back order" then I received a letter in the mail saying I'm sorry the item is no longer available. I would cancel the order and return the other two braclets before the deadline. 

I had a different return situation and QVC did not budge on the deadline/return policy.       

QVC Customer Care

@brandy77. I am sorry to hear you are not getting info on when your bracelet may ship. We will be happy to take a look at the order for you. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and provide the order number, we will do what we can to help.   Susan