Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have a question.I'm not sure where to post it.

I responded to a question on the forum yesterday asking what charities people contribute to. There was nothing disrespectful or political about my response.

I simply said that I donate throughout the year to disabled veterans , sick children & a local food bank of which I'm a volunteer.I named the 2 charities in my original post. Yet my post was deleted.I'm not challenging moderation & mean no disrespect.I would just like to understand what I wrote that caused my post to be poofed? Thank you

QVC Customer Care

Re: Attention moderator

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I have a question.I'm not sure where to post it.

I responded to a question on the forum yesterday asking what charities people contribute to. There was nothing disrespectful or political about my response.

I simply said that I donate throughout the year to disabled veterans , sick children & a local food bank of which I'm a volunteer.I named the 2 charities in my original post. Yet my post was deleted.I'm not challenging moderation & mean no disrespect.I would just like to understand what I wrote that caused my post to be poofed? Thank you

@NicksmomESQ   I'm sorry, it looks like your post was attached to another post that was  deleted.  When that happens, all posts connected to the deleted post goes with it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Melvin-QVC  Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ -

I hope you get an answer.

I had this happen too on your same thread!

When I tried to post the good and bad charities, that message came up that said review post cause of html something or other not allowed-I reviewed, posted and it all disappeared.

It took 3 times to get it to appear. I just thought it was good information so kept at it.

It is such a good thread so thank you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@NicksmomESQ -

I hope you get an answer.

I had this happen too on your same thread!

When I tried to post the good and bad charities, that message came up that said review post cause of html something or other not allowed-I reviewed, posted and it all disappeared.

It took 3 times to get it to appear. I just thought it was good information so kept at it.

It is such a good thread so thank you!

@on the bay, that's just a matter of your posting something from online. If you click to post after that shows up, it will go through without the HTML. It happens to me all the time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The average board member is really not qualified to judge what is a "good" charity and what is not.  One I see advertised nationally for veterans is very poorly rated and seems to benefit mostly. its administrative staff.

There is an organization called Charity Navigator which does rate charities and is qualified to evaluate them.  Perhaps it would be wiser to refer people to them or a similar organization.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The average board member is really not qualified to judge what is a "good" charity and what is not.  One I see advertised nationally for veterans is very poorly rated and seems to benefit mostly. its administrative staff.

There is an organization called Charity Navigator which does rate charities and is qualified to evaluate them.  Perhaps it would be wiser to refer people to them or a similar organization.

Did you mean to post this here and not on the Charity thread?  Nicksmom's question was answered by Melvin the Mod. @Kachina624 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 -

I do usually do that, just post again but this time it just kept disappearing!

Who knows. I guess just another glitch in the QVC website!Woman Frustrated

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"