Honored Contributor

Re: As A QVC Committed Viewer

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Can you sometimes tell when a vendor doesn't care for a host?  I know some prefer to work with certain hosts and it's obvious.  Every now and then I'll see a vendor with a certain host and you can just tell by their comments they don't care for the host.  They even go so far as to dumb-down the comments made by the host.  I would think they would try to treat everyone fairly and be professional. 

@rms1954 

Sometimes the chemistry is off between a vendor and a host.... I've witnessed what you are talking about. But in this situation it was the host's fault. KZ was the host and was quite rude she kept interrupting poor Patricia Nash and wouldn't even let her finish a sentence as she attempted to discuss the design and a feature of her handbags ....the expression on Patricia Nash's face, she was not happy and you could tell she was annoyed....And KZ didnt interrupt with a quantity and color update...it was just a bunch of unimportant nonsense ......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Absolutely, I see this, but I don't think it's that the vendor doesn't like the host as much as the vendor doesn't like what the host is saying about THEIR product.  

After all, vendors know more about their products than hosts do.  

The vendor may want to make certain points, but the host keeps talking over that person, often using sales pitches without describing the product adequately. 

Trying not to appear rude, vendors either interrupt or just let the host go on talking.  There are a few vendors who do try to get a word in that might appear to be in conflict with what the host is saying...because the host is unprepared and saying something stupid or is obsessed with using sales tactics.  

IMO, it's rarely the vendor who is the problem.  

I agree.  I want the product information from the vendor, not the host.  Most hosts don't know as much as they think they know.  

Honored Contributor

Foxxee

I agree with your comments and can understand a vendor's frustration with certain hosts.  I have always felt a vendor knows his or her product and should be allowed to describe, give details and speak about his or her product, it makes sense.  Some hosts constantly interrupt to talk about thousands being sold, easy pay, colors, selling points which are so tiresome and repetitive.  I know it is a host's job to do this and they are being directed by a producer to push the sales pitch.  But I have said many times, the format needs to be changed.

I shop much more on the Q site to avoid these shows and It works well for me.

Honored Contributor

That is subjective.  There are some who post who seem to look at life in a very negative way so what they view is rarely if ever positive.  I have never noticed it  in all the years I've shopped here.  Some see negativity in hosts and vendors who joke with each other!!  I watch for what is being sold and not to analyze hosts' and vendors' relationships.

Honored Contributor

Don't have to read minds,just body language.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

That is subjective.  There are some who post who seem to look at life in a very negative way so what they view is rarely if ever positive.  I have never noticed it  in all the years I've shopped here.  Some see negativity in hosts and vendors who joke with each other!!  I watch for what is being sold and not to analyze hosts' and vendors' relationships.

Bingo!!  I was thinking the same thing.  I don't care who gives the product details, or who likes who.  Just do it quickly so I can decide. 

Honored Contributor

The bottom line is to hear from the vendor about his or her product, description and details in order to decide if you want the item or not.  I do not base my buying on the host or vendor, it is my decision only.  However, if the Q has vendors as part of the selling process than just let them give pertinent information.  This in my opinion would be helpful to the consumer.