Honored Contributor

Can you sometimes tell when a vendor doesn't care for a host?  I know some prefer to work with certain hosts and it's obvious.  Every now and then I'll see a vendor with a certain host and you can just tell by their comments they don't care for the host.  They even go so far as to dumb-down the comments made by the host.  I would think they would try to treat everyone fairly and be professional. 

Honored Contributor

Re: As A QVC Committed Viewer

[ Edited ]

I've never seen that happen.  A vendor rep who shows distaste for a host wouldn't last long.  Even if they don't particularly care for the host, they're good enough actors to pretend they're the best of friends.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I can tell when a brand presenter is nervous and certainly noticed the frosty exchange between AN and an Italian gold vendor for a TSV after he dissed her italian. But that was awhile ago. I think some vendors are more comfortable working with specific hosts but guess I don't watch enough to notice any dislike.
Honored Contributor

Only an author writing fiction really knows what's in a person's mind.  I can't read minds of even people I know well let alone someone acting on a TV show. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve seen it happen on both QVC and HSN. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes - one vendor in particular - with a couple of host - but to 'say' who - wouldn't accomplish a thing.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely, I see this, but I don't think it's that the vendor doesn't like the host as much as the vendor doesn't like what the host is saying about THEIR product.  

After all, vendors know more about their products than hosts do.  

The vendor may want to make certain points, but the host keeps talking over that person, often using sales pitches without describing the product adequately. 

Trying not to appear rude, vendors either interrupt or just let the host go on talking.  There are a few vendors who do try to get a word in that might appear to be in conflict with what the host is saying...because the host is unprepared and saying something stupid or is obsessed with using sales tactics.  

IMO, it's rarely the vendor who is the problem.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These people should be meeting ahead of time, going over the products and get their stories straight before they present the stuff.

Honored Contributor

Don't know that I've noticed.  If the vendor can't suck it up and pretend, it doesn't fair well for their sales.

Super Contributor

Yes, I was this recently with the Sam Edelman vendor. Seemed like she was not seeing eye to eye with one host ( quite painful to witness),  but was very chummy with another ( compliments and all).