Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are scarves still in fashion?

Back in the 90s they were quite the thing.  BF and I used to shop for them.

Since then the only ones I see are for winter coats or jackets.  Do a nice job being soft on your neck.

Honored Contributor

@Whispergirl I've never been a fashion trend follower. I have always worn what I like. If you or anyone likes scarves, by all means **wear them**!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are one of the classics that never go out of style that become trendy every so often.  

Besides a winter scarf with coats, I usually wore and still do wear a small scarf in the upper pocket of my suit jackets and blazers.  Other than that, I don't wear them.  

Have no idea what "Nome ocean" is. Couldn't find anything on the internet besides Nome, Alaska.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scarves have always been in style. They are classic. The only scarf I haven't seen at all this season is the infinity scarf, which was everywhere for several seasons. I have several oblong winter scarves I wear to keep my coats and jackets clean around the collar and to keep my neck warm. I wore one yesterday since it was in the 20s.  I love silk scarves and wear them to dress up an all black outfit....they really brighten up your face. When I have visited family in Italy, almost every woman I see is wearing a scarf..same in France; usually a big silk square tied in a variety of ways, no matter what season. I love scarves! I think less people are wearing them right now since Covid....just haven't had any place to wear them...I don't need one at the pharmacy or the grocery store😉 I think they are chic and really add a lot to an outfit.

Esteemed Contributor

@judy0330 That was funny !  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a scarf person.  I do wear my Aran scarf when it's very cold and I own a few pretty dressy scarves but they mostly hang in the closet.  I have one Christmas one that I like and have worn a couple of times to holiday events.  One of my friends always has a scarf on, she must own 100 of them.  She also wears a lot of jewelry and you can never see her necklaces becasue she's got this huge scarf around her neck.    It is a nice look on her though, me not so much.

Honored Contributor

In my world, absolutely!

Scarves are my "thing."

Honored Contributor

I'm not very knowledgeable about what's in or out.

However, @ECBG is very knowledgeable. She often helps ladies who come into her store mix and match clothes.

Maybe she'll see this and let you know.  

@ECBG Are you around?  Can you help this lady?😘

Respected Contributor

I still wear scarves and enjoy them.  I like to wear a scarf if I am wearing all neutral colors and everything looks kind of "plain".  So I add a scarf (usually silk) and add some color around my face.  They never go out of style for me.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I love scarves and have many. However, .....and this may sound strange.....but I can't wear them when I am working at my desk in my job (which is 5 days a week). I do e them to be too distracting. They distract my thinking. I'm very ADD.