Honored Contributor

Mine was open w/restrictions w/shorter hours.

Now it is completely closed.  No info when it will reopen.  Probaby not until a vaccine is available.  My county is spiking like crazy.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I guess it wasn't a stupid question , sounds like it is an everchanging situation , like resturants , ect . Thanks for the responses.

Honored Contributor

Our re opened and then closed and not sure about next week its on a week by week basis 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

There are 2 libraries close to my house.  They've been closed since before the pandemic for remodeling.  No word when they will re-open.

Respected Contributor

Where I live, the libraries were closed and then opened briefly, but are closed again.

Honored Contributor

Ours in Chicago is open to pick up books.  Put a "hold" on the book online and get nofitifed when it's ready to be picked up.  Not as good as being able to go into the stacks, but the system is working and it's better than not having a library at all.

Honored Contributor

Our's never opened.  They have service though.  You can place holds for books.  You can pick them up and return books through one window (by the old book drop)  You can call the library (librarians are working from home) to requests books, etc. Book trucks operate between branches, carrying books back and forth.

Honored Contributor

ours are, 

but you can't go in just to browse b/c if you pick up a book to look it has to be quarantined, 

I like to go in and look inside a book before I take them home,

so for now I don't bother.   

online requests are operational

Respected Contributor

There is online and curbside and open by appointment only. Call for a  day and time. I am not sure how many are allowed in at one time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our libraries in Lincoln, NE are open weekdays and Saturday (10:00 AM - 8:00 PM) and Sunday (noon - 8:00 PM). Must wear a mask, one hour limit inside the library per person and returned items are held 72 hours before being checked  back in and returned to shelves/other customers. 

During the earlier stages of Covid our libraries were closed, but patrons could sign up for books/audio materials on-line. When we received an email from the  branch library, we would drive there and call them to let them know we were there to pick up our materials. A librarian would place our items in  plastic bags (in the enclosure between the two front doors) and we took them off a table which eliminated any person-to-person contact. 

Cannot imagine not having a library!  So grateful our City libraries have been so helpful within our community and worked so diligently to keep the books/audio materials (and now open again) available to everyone. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.