Contributor

Has anyone tried this item? The reviews aren't listed under the item.   It's very expensive and I don't want to buy it without first hearing what customers have to say about it.  

Honored Contributor

Buying food at QVC is a win/win situation.  If you're not satisfied with it for any reason, just call CS and they'll refund your money.  There's no risk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I would not order seafood to be shipped. Especially in this heavy shipping season. It is fragile as far as staying fresh unless throughly refrigerated and you cannot be sure it will remain frozen to provide safe eating.  There are constant complaints about shipping delays at this time of year. How long should lobster tails stay on a truck and somehow not  arrive semi-defrosted and questionable. 

can you say scombroid?

https://www.poison.org/articles/2009-jun/what-you-cant-smell-can-hurt

Honored Contributor

Worst case - you can request a refund of the purchase price.  But I suppose there's a ethical grey area.  What if the lobster tastes okay, but you don't think it's worth anywhere near the $299.99 price?

Respected Contributor
I’ve order it. It’s a nice sweet lobster. Expensive, yes, but it’s a treat

I’ve order food time and time again from a variety of websites. Shipping has never been more than two days. Perhaps that’s because of where I live, but I wonder if anything that’s shipped in styrofoam gets priority. I’ve never received anything that wasn’t frozen.

That said, I’m most comfortable ordering from QVC because of their guarantee.
Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Worst case - you can request a refund of the purchase price.  But I suppose there's a ethical grey area.  What if the lobster tastes okay, but you don't think it's worth anywhere near the $299.99 price?

The price is prohibitive to those on fixed incomes. I have written many times Bout overpriced scallops and lobsters on the boards.  I refuse to be swindled.

Respected Contributor

We ordered it a couple of years ago for DH (I don't like lobster) and it was quite a bit better than anything we can get here. However he felt that it was really too much money. I wouldn't mind getting it since it is such a treat for him but he says no.

Honored Contributor

The lobster from Great-Alaska-Seafood is great.

Honored Contributor

I guess the OP doesn't have the good manners to come back and acknowledge our posts after we took the time to advise her.

@Love2QIM 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

The price is prohibitive to those on fixed incomes. I have written many times Bout overpriced scallops and lobsters on the boards.  I refuse to be swindled.

I always chuckle a little when I see the term "Fixed Income" realizing that its coming from a retiree.  In reality even those of us still working are on a "Fixed Income."  Those new to the work force (or sadly out of work right now) are probably making less then many who are retired.

I agree the price of QVC food is high but I also consider that S&H is added to the price.  Regardless I can find lobster and seafood at a much lower cost near my home.