Honored Contributor

Re: Are Brunettes Becoming Extinct at the Q??!!

@Northray wrote:

I think part of the problem is that most of them are going to the same hairstylist, Maria Macool of the Calista brand.  Maria seems to be a one trick pony and it shows.  She does Shawn, Jane, Amy, Carolyn, and she did Antonella's color change.  There are others too.   

@Northray, Shawn's hair has been looking fabulous lately both color and cut.  She mentioned during a show that she has been going to someone in NYC when she can for her hair.  That probably explains the difference.

I honestly thought Antonella colored her own hair. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva : The latter is worse, IMO. Brunettes who want to be blondes are changing the hair color they were born with, by CHOICE. Brunettes who are going grey just want to KEEP the color they were born with (me included). I WISH my hair had stayed naturally dark without grey!

Most of the "blondes" at the Q aren't going lighter so that the grey isn't as noticeable. They have dark roots, which are showing most of the time. Even though this hair "trend" seems to be popular, it's not a look l personally care for. It gives the impression that they didn't have the time or motivation to visit the colorist, lol. JMHO.

@handygal2, Antonella specifically said the reason she went blonde was for better gray management.  

@Lipstickdiva : I heard that too, but her roots seem to be growing in dark!  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@catnappurr wrote:
Watching Antonella host Honora pearls now, she had her roots touched up again!

@catnappurr : I'm noticing that too. And her hair is even lighter than before!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
New Contributor

Just throwing this out there that it could be an age-related thing.  There is strong belief by some that people who have dyed their hair dark for many years have a higher risk of cancer.  The darker the hair dye color, the more carcinogens (cancer causing agents).  That's why many long-time hair dyers go blonde (the lighter the color, the less carcinogens).  Many differing opinions when you look it up on the internet but many of the most trusted medical websites concur. 

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Northray wrote:

I think part of the problem is that most of them are going to the same hairstylist, Maria Macool of the Calista brand.  Maria seems to be a one trick pony and it shows.  She does Shawn, Jane, Amy, Carolyn, and she did Antonella's color change.  There are others too.   

@Northray, Shawn's hair has been looking fabulous lately both color and cut.  She mentioned during a show that she has been going to someone in NYC when she can for her hair.  That probably explains the difference.

I honestly thought Antonella colored her own hair. Smiley Very Happy

You're right, her hair has been looking better lately and I thought, I wonder if she's quit Maria M.?  I totally heard Antonella say Maria M. did her color and I was like, girl, no --  don't go back to Maria because she is not doing you any favors.    

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think the blonde highlights of blonde hair is flattering on everyone. I have hazel eyes, fair skin and reddish brown color. It looks good with my coloring. 

I wonder why they don't use Nick Chavez or Chaz Dean.  They are both excellent stylists. They seem to come to the Q on a regular basis. Maria is not a good stylists  many of the hosts hair look poorly cut. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@blackhole99.. yep- lol. Actually, Jill just had a nice show on Q2 w/ Bob Mackie and he complimented her on slimming down a bit. He said he noticed when she came out. And she said it was time. The chat was interesting and was said very nicely between the 2 of them!

I think she is relieved to be getting out of this environment.  She has had enough and now she can be her own person. She has always been a pretty woman but sometimes making a major life decision is all she needed. She may have been unhappy for a long time. I will miss her and wish her all the best.

Honored Contributor

The only time I noticed someones hair color is when it's the WRONG color for them; that's because it looks really bad. Harsh. Brassy. Makes them look like a Glamour Magazine Don't (remember those on the last page with the eyes covered  by a black rectangle?).

I've noticed quite a few hosts' hair color recently.......

Respected Contributor

@elated.. I totally agree w/ what u said about Jill. Each shoe she’s in now, she’s like almost a completely different person. Her personality is shining thru..🙂.
Respected Contributor

Regarding Maria Mc Cool..I never thought she was that great a hair stylist seeing the different haircuts on the women. Just because she owns the salon doesn’t make her necessarily a fantastic stylist. Antonella’s color is not good. If I was Antonella I would be dyeing my hair back. Sadly, It looks like a colorist in training did it!