Super Contributor

Angry Over Customer Service-Not Consistent In Their Policy!!!

I like many others who ordered the sets of Mrs. Prindables' apples have been a little than more concerned after the news came out yesterday about the apples or should I say, caramel that is causing cases of Listeria.

I understand that this is in no way QVCs fault or Mrs. Prindables, however when the CDC says at this time that no one should eat any caramel apples it makes me wonder what I should do.

I ordered 2 sets of the apples that were designed by Lisa Robertson. I order different configurations of these apples every year. A lot of our friends always look forward to receiving them. I am now very hesitant about gifting these 16 apples that I now have. I'm sure my friends have also seen the news about the apples and I can't imagine what they would think when I give these after the news has been reported.

After reading on the forums of others who had called CS and received a refund on the apples I decided that I would have to do the same thing. I called and spoke with a lady named Kevelyn and she was rude and in no way wanted to listen to my concerns. I asked her for a refund and she said no. How can that be??? I thought QVC had an "unconditional money back guarantee" on all of their products. I am NOT trying to pull one over on QVC, but am just asking to be given the same consideration that others have received.

I have been a long standing customer with QVC and I am so disappointed now in how this issue is being treated. I just wonder if anyone from QVC will even read this.

The apples have been thrown away as I am not taking any chances on harming another human being. I am still mad over this and cannot figure out what to do.

Vicki

Honored Contributor

Re: Angry Over Customer Service-Not Consistent In Their Policy!!!

I read an article in this morning's paper which indicated that they weren't even sure that the caramel was the problem. They're still trying to get to the root of the problem. One line of thinking is that it's the manufacturing facility. As I understand it, Mrs Prindables makes their own caramel, so I'm not sure I understand how their apples could be an issue. But folks have to do what they are comfortable with.

Super Contributor

Well I must now reply to my original post here as I just received an email from QVC saying how sorry they were that I was not issued a refund and that they have done so to my original form of payment. I had emailed them about the CS rep I spoke with and how I was confused with the different ways that CS was doing refunds about the apples.

I never ever blamed QVC for this, but was just upset that I was unable to receive what others had received. No I will NOT be gifting these because I know that my friends will have heard about this and I'm sure they would accept graciously but then throw them away and I would not blame them.

I do want to thank QVC for getting back to me about this so quickly. As far as I'm concerned, I am now satisfied with their response. If others have not been given the same consideration, I would advise emailing them.

Merry Christmas To All

Vicki

Trusted Contributor

I think the apples were perfectly safe, but I am glad it worked out for you,

Honored Contributor

How does Customer Service work? It doesn't.

Regular Contributor

If you read about this on the CDC website, they aren't sure if it is caramel or the apples. At this time, I wouldn't eat any caramel apples until they discover the source of the contamination. They have had people sick in 10 states so far with 5 deaths. It may be the apples themselves!

Honored Contributor

I don't see the need for a big rush to the garbage can. I'd hold onto my apples for a couple of days and see what transpires. The USDA should have already made a determination as to the source of the bacteria. Surely by now they know what brand was involved.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Kachina624 said: I don't see the need for a big rush to the garbage can. I'd hold onto my apples for a couple of days and see what transpires. The USDA should have already made a determination as to the source of the bacteria. Surely by now they know what brand was involved.

Exactly. But people would rather be Chicken Littles and get all hysterical instead of using logic and getting all of the facts.

I ordered and ate the apples, and I'm perfectly fine.

Besides, if QVC even suspected that the apples were bad, don't you think that they would issue a warning, just so they don't end up in some big 'ol ugly lawsuit?

Plus, with all the hosts having eaten them during the demos, don't you think that they would've gotten sick if the apple were bad?

Common sense folks, common sense.

Honored Contributor

Those who have eaten their apples and say they are fine - you do know that Listeria can take up to *70 days* to show up in a person? The reason people are not taking chances is that many bought them to give as gifts, and of course would not want to be responsible for making the recipients sick, their own choices for themselves aside. What would ultimately stop me is the 70 day time frame and the knowledge that this has killed people. I doubt there is any problem with the Mrs Prindables apples, but since at this point no one knows precisely what the exact source is, that 70 day time frame would keep me from gifting, at the least.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Well, it's a bit late, now. Sent a box of Prindables to relatives, as I do each year, on 12/8. Imagine they're eaten by now. Also bought the gourmet Prindables for dil to use a gifts to her coworkers - which were passed out and eaten this week. I have a box of Prindables in my very cold front hall - have eaten three - and plan to eat more. This hysteria is ridiculous, imo. Not worrying about it. 73 y/o, never have been sick with any type of food borne illness in my life, and expect this to be yet another hysterical tempest in a teapot.