Respected Contributor

Re: Amateurish candle presentation

I was kind of half watching that presentation last night...and Shawn the host REALLY had to work it to pull anything out of that vendor...

The vendor even said "I forgot to mention that" ...that the glass thing that all that wax is in is re-usable after the candle burnt down....it BETTER be for that price!!!

Cornball, wee-wee sentiments and too much time spent on HOW a silly candle should or could make you "Feel"....while you're smoking up the paint on your walls....

It's a candle for crying out loud. 

120 hours burn time ( if you burn this thing 5 hours a day, ( to "center" yourself!!)that's less than a month....)

WhattaBargain!!! Only 99 dollars regular ( sale 80 buck) for a bucket of wax!!!

Buy TWO!!! Free shipping!!!

Another semi comical presentation....

Regular Contributor

I get the impression that this brand grew faster and bigger than Alina could fully manage. I like some of her styles though I would never wear anything with a printed affirmation.  Shawn's interactions with her are warm and they seem to be having conversations rather then giving targeted information to inform shoppers. Maybe it's part of QVCs effort to make it seem that we are friends having fun and who are also shopping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never watched a PLW presentation and would never buy anything that has a scent without smelling it first.  BUT I love reading the comments here!  So entertaining and now I know what I'm missing--nothing!!

Thanks everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen 

You are too funny...."a bucket of wax." Cat LOL

I gave up burning candles for the very reason you mention....they soot up your walls...no matter how "clean" they appear to burn.  

After scrubbing down my living room walls I realized that removing all the soot was next to impossible.  I just let it go and figured we might repaint one day.  If not, I'd just live with it.

That said, I didn't see this presentation as I rarely watch...and I certainly wouldn't spend much time on the sale of such a huge candle.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate your observations Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
Based on that presentation, Alina slaps her company’s name on anything. She didn’t know a thing about the candle including burn time. I’ve never been able to stand her or her Peace, Love, World ridiculous, overpriced clothing w/affirmations.

The PLW clothing line is a LOL - low quality, cheap material with a high price tag. I NEVER see ANYONE wear clothing with affirmations.

Esteemed Contributor

@PansyBoo wrote:

@KKlim wrote:
Based on that presentation, Alina slaps her company’s name on anything. She didn’t know a thing about the candle including burn time. I’ve never been able to stand her or her Peace, Love, World ridiculous, overpriced clothing w/affirmations.

@KKlim 

I completely agree with you. Alina knew little about her own product! And the response she had as to what Winter Wool smells like was about as dumb as they come. Duh! I can't imagine what Shawn must have thought when she got that oh so helpful and informative response from Alina.     

Alina lives in Miami.  Why is she selling Winter Wool?  You don't need wool in Miami!

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker 

I was thinking the same thing Cat LOL

Just not a good scent name in my opinion.  

Further, if you are going to have a name like "winter wool" why not have the information handy which gives the "notes" of the scent so you are not stumbling and fumbling for something to say.

Given the name, I have no clue what the scent was meant to evoke.  It could have been an easy fix with some preparation.

Sometimes, people are their own worst enemies.

Respected Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@KKlim wrote:

The PLW clothing line is a LOL - low quality, cheap material with a high price tag. I NEVER see ANYONE wear clothing with affirmations.

@layla2450  You covered it all and well said!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One show I cannot watch is Shawn saves Christmas. Did not know her show was on last night and tuned in on the beginning with her reading a bedtime story to Nancy...quickly left. For one, the sets always look overcrowded, junky and messy...as well, Shawn's attire is overdone or silly! The whole design of the show is off putting.  Q has been pushing Christmas on all Q-channels since CIJ and they have not let up. Tired of it already and we are in middle of October.

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove I agree with the set on Shawn loves Christmas.  I am not a fan.  I like my holidays one at a time.  So i am getting ready for Halloween and enjoying the fall.  I live in the Midwest so it is sweater weather, and I have gotten out my wool suits and boots!  Natural blush for the cheeks with a chill in the air!