Honored Contributor

Re: Amateurish candle presentation

[ Edited ]

It's kinda difficult to describe a fragrance, especially since everyone's "nose" is different...

PS:   There's a BIG difference between the aroma of a wet sheep...and a fine wool blanket...(if you can even FIND one without going to Canada)....although, Amazon now carries Hudson's Bay blankets for around $800.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Based on that presentation, Alina slaps her company’s name on anything. She didn’t know a thing about the candle including burn time. I’ve never been able to stand her or her Peace, Love, World ridiculous, overpriced clothing w/affirmations.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mormel20 wrote:

Peace, Love, World...or something like that. It was huge 90 ounce candles

@mormel20 wrote:

Peace, Love, World...or something like that. It was huge 90 ounce candles

OMG, thank you for offering this feedback!!  I find this brand and representative amateurish.  Shawn always has her on in her shows.  I dislike the merchandise as it is not of very good quality in my opinion.  Shawn always fawns over the rep and the merchandise she pedals.  Can't understand why.,,,,

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

The host could have tried to save the presentation by saying "the fragrance smells like ________ to me" instead what she actually said.

@qbetzforreal  Exactly !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKlim wrote:
Based on that presentation, Alina slaps her company’s name on anything. She didn’t know a thing about the candle including burn time. I’ve never been able to stand her or her Peace, Love, World ridiculous, overpriced clothing w/affirmations.

@KKlim 

I completely agree with you. Alina knew little about her own product! And the response she had as to what Winter Wool smells like was about as dumb as they come. Duh! I can't imagine what Shawn must have thought when she got that oh so helpful and informative response from Alina.     

Honored Contributor

@mormel20 @PansyBoo @QVCkitty1 @Elizabeth03 @KKlim 

I am going to defend PLW products and maybe Alina too.

'The first joggers ever presented on QVC, the Emma jogger, were for me, like no other. I still have a few pr. The fabric never shrank, always came clean out of the washer, and I loved the fit. 
Do not know what in the world happened to fabric since then!

Also, I loved a cropped black winter jacket... same...great fabric washed well in the washer. 
Her clothing always has been well made.

I have a set of three baskets that are exceptional and again, well made. I gifted some ornaments ..."blessing" was one...heavy brass.

This has been my experience only... I really don't listen to her.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I'll probably get 10 lashes for this opinion, but I feel like Alina is high during her presentations, lol.

Honored Contributor

Alina's Peace Love World fashion items are some of my favorite that I've purchased.  I don't buy printed affirmations, or the distressed items.  But I absolutely love a lot of her relaxed fit sweatshirts, leggings, jeans, and especially her fabulous sweaters!  The quality is wonderful, and her styles are on trend, and match a lot of my style.

With that said, I would never purchase her candles from just her TV presentations.  She seems to know nothing about them.  She makes it obvious that she has no expertise in layering scents or the scents at all.  It's evident in the few on-air presentations I've seen of her candles.  She does say things like, "let me see what it says on the label."  

But that does not dissuade me from continuing to check out her fashion items.  

Esteemed Contributor

I’ll stick with Nest candles. Love them!
Respected Contributor

I hope it doesn't smell like wet winter wool.  That would stink.